Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:07:59 PM

Author Topic: XHC WB04 plugin  (Read 37295 times)

Re: XHC WB04 plugin
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2021, 05:04:05 PM »
I'm not sure I get what you are referring to.  Full speed control of what?  Feed rate override?  Spindle Override?  That is what that speed controls.  The rate at which feed and spindle override increase/decrease with each button press. 

Steve

The small dial on the right when used in Mach3 will control the jog speed 2,5,10,30,60,100% of the jog rate set.  As of now I only seem to get decent movement of any axis I select at 30%.  Is there another setting somewhere thAT I'm missing to get the full range back?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2021, 06:11:56 PM »
Ah...  Ok, I wasn't really sure what all the Mach3 plugin did.  You are talking a velocity jog, right?  As in not a step per detent thing?  If so, do you jog by moving the hand wheel dial?  Where as long as you are turning the dial one way, the machine will jog in that direction.  Try to be as specific as you can explaining what it does and I will see what I can do. 

Steve
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2021, 07:14:31 PM »
Ah...  Ok, I wasn't really sure what all the Mach3 plugin did.  You are talking a velocity jog, right?  As in not a step per detent thing?  If so, do you jog by moving the hand wheel dial?  Where as long as you are turning the dial one way, the machine will jog in that direction.  Try to be as specific as you can explaining what it does and I will see what I can do. 

Steve

Forgive me as the lingo and terms are still challenging to me.  Before with the Mach3 plugin with the small right dial at 100% (max velocity set), I could move the x-axis from front to back (1300mm) turning the main wheel it would move at a decent rate, set at a lower setting would move at a reduced rate as expected as a % of velocity as expected. 

Now the only setting with this that works is 30% with this plugin.  Under Mach4 with this plugin and the dial set at 30%, it is moving at a similar speed as it did when used in Mach3 at the 100% setting.  All the other settings on the small dial currently do nothing or close to nothing only when it's set to 30% do I get movement when turning the big dial.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 07:19:31 PM by Steelbarz »
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2021, 12:42:28 PM »
Hi, what's the status of the xhc plugin?

I was really excited to see that a plugin was now available - I was holding off buying a pendant because there were no wireless options for mach4. But I see this thread has gone quiet and the plugin is still only in the dev builds. Are NFS still indending to release it at some point?

I received my 6 axis unit this week. Havent had time to test it fully, but the plugin (From 8/30/21 dev install) loads and i get motion from the handwheel in Continuous mode.

Is the Step mode supposed to work? I get no motion when i switch to Step. Also, the display shows the % values in Step mode, not the expected step increment. Is this normal?

Thanks

Jon

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2021, 01:30:40 PM »
Go back a to say build 4746 and get the plugin out of that.  I was working on cont mode and didn't finish it for that dev build.

Steve
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2021, 02:24:31 PM »
Awesome. Thank you Steve. Build 4746 does work correctly in Step mode.

You've made my day  :)

I still see % values in the display for STP. e.g. STP: 10% when I have the 0.1 step size selected. Really not a big deal as I can read the switch legend directly. Not sure if that's baked into FW or something you can control.

Also, a very minor typo in the RF Reset config tab. "In the even" instead of "In the event".

Thank you so much for working on this. Maybe not many people commenting on the Forum. But I bet that's just because most people don't know this support is available/coming. I only found this thread because I noticed a comment in the Warp9 FAQ that there was now direct support and so made a more concerted effort to track down some details.

Jon

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2021, 03:45:44 PM »
I just tested the latest build (4758) and it works in step mode.  So I must not have broken it like I thought.  It does show % instead of the increment and it always has.  That is the MPG's firmware, unfortunately.  It is a nice MPG, hardware wise, but the crappy firmware and their lack of support for Mach 4 is just plain awful. 

Thanks for the typo find.  There was a nut loose on my keyboard. :) 

Steve
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2021, 08:42:50 PM »
Hmmn. Strange. I tried 4758 and the step jog didn't work. Then I went back to 4746, which worked. But now when I go back to 4748 it seems to be working! So, there's something random going on - could be the crappy FW of course.

I will see how it fares over a longer trial period.

That said - The step jogging is not always precise. I have the increment set to 1mm, and it randomly affects the fractional component too. Not always. I get sequences where the step is exactly 1mm, but then a series of fractional steps.

I can grab some logs if you tell me what you need (and how) - I tried the debug log, but it didn't look useful as it simply shows a jog event taking place with no additional details.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2021, 05:16:04 AM »
Hmm...  It may depend on the resolution of your machine.  I'm getting increments will .0001" without issue.  But I have 12570 counts per inch, so the resolution of the encoder is greater than .0001" (10000 counts).

Steve
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2021, 10:20:38 AM »
No encoders on my machine. Just steppers. I get your point though. It's possible it's just innacuracies caused by translating to mm in an inherently inch based system (which Avid cnc's are i think).

I didn't see any issues with jogging through the gui yesterday though. Maybe i just got lucky. I'll do some more digging.

Thanks

Jon