Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:43:32 PM

Author Topic: Need Direction for what to try next.  (Read 6091 times)

Re: Need Direction for what to try next.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 09:38:51 AM »
Hi Seitz333,

Try installing the patched version of Mach3 - the installer is named R3.043 here;  http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/

You can install it over the top of your existing installation.

Tweakie.

I should have mentioned that I have tried the patched version and still get the same results.

I have considered upgrading to Mach4 and a new controller but would like to do that as a last resort.

Chuck
Re: Need Direction for what to try next.
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 07:40:17 PM »
I'm having the same kind of problem with Win 7 pro.

Long story short- bought a machine all set up, with the computer & mach3 already installed.

Bought another machine that uses mach3 as well - set up a different profile for 2nd machine.

Found out after the fact- the mach3 copy i had, was a pirated copy  >:( >:(

so i looked into getting a new legal copy of mach3- the website advised copying the XML Profile ( to save pin settings, etc..) Downloaded the "newest" version of Mach3 on a thumb drive, & installed it.

Every time i try to open the program, select a profile - computer crashes & re starts. uninstalled the program, re installed and tried again, still having same problem.

This computer is NOT ONLINE - checked for update KB284826 & KB4284826, no sign of either.

Tried installing on an XP laptop - opened up, but did not show the visuals (coordinates, stop, start, etc..) - once again, not online.

"support" tells me to buy another computer - when it was working before.

This program was supposed to be capable of running on XP to Win 10

Now i can not run either machine.

P.S. 1st machine uses the printer port while the 2nd uses USB - i also tried system restore and found out it was turned off, no luck there.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 07:43:25 PM by Shawn-969 »