Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:14:01 PM

Author Topic: Pass word protect Mach4 menu selections  (Read 1185 times)

Pass word protect Mach4 menu selections
« on: June 13, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »
I have gotten a long way with setting up a new machine for a production shop using Mach 4 Industrial.  I think the choice to use this software has been good so far.  The machine is basically a 3 axis belt grinder used to remove gating from castings.  

I am down to cleaning up some operator access control issues that will prevent unwanted configuration changes.  

I have found the software lock setting in the "operator" menu drop down that locks many of the other menu items, but not all of them.  Is there a way to add other menu drop down items to the list of items that are locked.

I also did find a way to password protect various control btn's in the software with a simple script posted elsewhere on this site.  We set the machine up as Home in place and use a manual calibration process to home the unit.  password protecting the home button and the deRef-all button helps to protect the setup.  The unfortunate part is that the password is clear text and it is located in the "LUASCRIPT" file under the "operator" drop down menu and this item does not get locked with above mentioned software setting lock.  It does not take much effort for an operator to find the passwords.

Is there windows form editor that can be used to manage the menu items that get locked or not??

Thank you for any help.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Pass word protect Mach4 menu selections
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
No, there isn't a way to lock more menu items. 

Once the machine is configured, you can remove CoreConf.dll.  That will make it impossible to configure the machine.  It will remove some config related menu items as well. 

Steve