Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:53:53 PM

Author Topic: mach 4 demo setup and try.  (Read 4540 times)

Re: mach 4 demo setup and try.
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 03:37:44 PM »
Hi Ken,
if you are an industrial user then yes you need one licence per machine, and Mach4Industrial is $1400.

Mach4Hobby for $200 allows you to have five PCs activated on one licence. Like Stuart my laptop inside is licenced as is my mill PC in the garage.
Given that mostly my laptop is just for development and experimentation it would be adequate that it run the Sim plugin in which case it doesn't
need to be licenced either. There are a few occasions where I will use my laptop to run my machine, all I have to do is plugin the ESS and my pendant
and for this reason my laptop copy of Mach4 is licenced.

Should I buy another PC I can release the licence on the old one and activate the new one. NFS allow up to seven such licence transactions in a two year period.

The licence conditions are somewhat stricter than Mach3, remember that Mach3 is plagued with pirate copies which is a loss to NFS. The PCID method of licencing
is the more modern method of licence allocation and will in some way limit the proliferation of pirate copies.

When in Demo mode Mach4 runs normally for six minutes before it needs to be restarted. Mach3 will run 500 lines of code before stopping. Little to pick and
choose between them, they both work adequately for testing purposes, if you want better from either, buy a licence. At $200 and $175 respectively that makes
it one of the cheapest software purchases you will find unless you go for LinuxCNC.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »
Thanks for the info, i have been doing my diligence research and have come to the same conclusion. Now all i need is step by step on how to set up mach 4 demo with motion controller uc100 connected. pins, and ports motors, drivers etc. I just can't figure it out. mach 3 went ok for me after alot of trial and error and research however, the terminology in mac4 is a little different, can't figure it out. Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

I am a beginner and starting to get more frustrated.

Ken 
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
Hi,
download the UC100 Mach4 plugin from the CNCDrive website. Put the plugin and its .sig file in the Mach4 Plugins folder.
Enable the plugin in Configure/Control/Plugins and restart Mach. Select the plugin as active motion controller in Configure/Control/Select Motion Device.

You can now populate the plugin with your pin assignments. I use an ESS so I can't help you much there.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'