Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:04:16 PM

Author Topic: Reboot whenever I open Mach3  (Read 1348 times)

Reboot whenever I open Mach3
« on: June 23, 2018, 02:54:44 PM »
Hi Everyone. I have a fresh installation of Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit. The computer has MS Office 360 and Mach3 installed. It runs fine unless I open Mach3. If I open Mach3 it instantly reboots. I read elsewhere that there were compatibility issues with KB4088875; it is not installed. The hot processor/corrupt drive scenarios discussed elsewhere seem unlikely because the system runs fine for days and then reboots if I try to open Mach3. Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated. 
Re: Reboot whenever I open Mach3
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »
Hi,
this is a Mach4 Discussion board whereas your enquiry is about Mach3  and you will get greater assistance if you post on the Mach3 Discussion board.

Bryanna has indentified three updates that have caused issues with people running a parallel port with Windows 7 as OS. There are three alternatives:
1) Find and un-install the three updates and keep your PC off the net to avoid future updates.
2) Buy an external motion controller like a UC300 or Ethernet SmoothStepper, the update issue affects  the parallel port only, external controllers are unaffected.
3) Upgrade to Mach4....its a much more modern program and is unaffected by the updates and is additionally still is active development and gets updated itself regularly
    unlike Mach3 which ceased development five years ago.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'