Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:43:39 AM

Author Topic: Vista CNC P1A-S with Mach4 - Problem  (Read 5564 times)

Re: Vista CNC P1A-S with Mach4 - Problem
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 10:55:29 PM »
Hi,
but I use an ESS and the P1A works fine. Additionally the pendant interacts with Machs core via its plugin
not with the motion controller plugin.

Certainly any movement comes from Machs core via the motion controller plugin to the controller but I was of the opinion
that the pendant never interacts with the controller.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 11:16:43 PM »
Wallerawang,
That is good news.
I have installed the Firmware in line with the instructions and it said it was successful.
I have tried the P1A-S Pendant on 3 setups.
1) Mill HiCON Controller with Mach4 V3481 - No Luck
2) Router ESS V220/V219V/216 with Mach4 V3481 and V3804 - No Luck
3) ESS V216 with Mach4 V3481/v3804 on  our old controller with just a motor attached - No Luck.
Same E-STOP display at the start of Mach4 on both the Mill and Router 1), 2) and 3).
All these function with Mach4 but not with the VistaCNC Pendant.

There must be some conflict with E-Stop, but I tried turning then all off in Mach4 but still no luck.

Is it possible for you to send your mach4 configuration?

Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 11:35:43 PM »
Mauri
As the E-Stop is either on or off have you tried running the pendant with the E Stop pushed in - opposite to normal operation?
Steve

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 05:05:58 PM »
Wallerawang,
That was the first thing I tried.
It has to something to do with the E-Stop, but I just do not know what as there is no Plug-in configuration with the P1A-S Pendant and no other settings required to make it run.
So I am stumped.
Any other thoughts.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 05:22:45 PM »
Mauri
Something quick to try - Start your system as you normally would and get it to the point of of it being stuck on the "E Stop".
Without powering down your computer or closing Mach 4, power down the ESS for a few seconds and power it back up. As Mach reestablishes contact with the ESS the "E Stop" may go away. This worked for me a while ago.
Steve

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 07:54:45 AM »
I have tried the P1A-S Pendant on 3 setups.
1) Mill HiCON Controller with Mach4 V3481 - No Luck
2) Router ESS V220/V219V/216 with Mach4 V3481 and V3804 - No Luck
3) ESS V216 with Mach4 V3481/v3804 on  our old controller with just a motor attached - No Luck.
Same E-STOP display at the start of Mach4 on both the Mill and Router 1), 2) and 3).
All these function with Mach4 but not with the VistaCNC Pendant.

I believe right at this inflection point I'd start to suspect the pendant itself. Email Lee Neuman, support@vistacnc.com, and see what he says. Three completely different systems and the pendant doesn't work, I'd guess it ain't a configuration issue!!
--
Tom

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 08:30:32 AM »
 thosj,
You are right on the money.
I now have a brick.
I am positive that the P1A-S has a serious problem after the Firmware upgrade downloaded from your VistaCNC web site for Mach4.
It not only does not work with Mach4 after having tested multiple machines, but now that I tried to restore it back to a Mach3 firmware it not does the same thing with Mach3.
What I have found out is that after loading the Mach3 firmware successfully and putting on a Mach3 its DLL in the Plugin and with the Plugin Ticked and Mach3 restarted the following happens.
Mach3 has ZERO inputs and outputs in Config.

P1A-S plugged into PC.
Mach3 Started.
Same problem occurs E-Stop on display. 
Checked the Inputs in Mach3 and the Pendant has injected a TIC on E-Stop.

I have sent the message to Lee.
Regards,
Mauri.

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 11:34:07 PM »
Hi,
The reason that my P1A-S turned into a Brick is that there are different versions of this model.
My P1A-S is version 3.
All the Mach3 and Mach4 Firmware are for version 5.
I am being sent Firmware for Mach3/4, so I can then be able to use it again and in a week or two I may have a Mach4 working solution.
So it all depends as to when the Pendant was purchased.
In the meantime, do not install Mach3 or Mach4 firmware unless you are sure which Pendant version you have.
Regards,
Mauri.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 07:52:26 AM »
"in a week or two"...…..how are you being sent the firmware, Pony Express :D Just guessing here, Lee needs to WRITE new firmware for you!

Lee/VistaCNC really needs to get hold of this. No mention on their web site about "versions!"

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »
Hi,
I wonder if Lee is aware that to my knowledge his pendants are the ONLY pendants on the market that have a Mach4 plugin written by the manufacturer of the pendant.

If the plugin/pendant combination is reliable, ie somewhat better than it is now, then a good sales opportunity exists.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'