Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:40:58 AM

Author Topic: Cannot connect to my BOB from mach3  (Read 3298 times)

Cannot connect to my BOB from mach3
« on: April 30, 2018, 03:10:44 PM »
Hi there
I am trying to install my 3 phase Spindle using a Delta 7.5 KW Inverter.
At the moment I can connect to output1 of my BOB(Smooth Stepper) Trough Mach3 by pressing the (Spindle CW F5) Button of Mach3, as the result The corresponding Light In front of it (Output1 on my BOB, I am attaching a Picture of it) will light Up. In the picture Output1 corresponds to O1. Also I can connect it to my Inverter, therefore I can Tun/stop Spindle from mach3.

But I just cannot light up the PWM corresponding Light in my BOB from Mach3
What is it wrong in my mach3 setup? Presently I am dedicating Output1 to Run and/or Stop the spindle, but also, I think I am trying to use the same output1 to connect to my PWM , I really cannot figure it out, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jhonansaro
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 03:17:55 PM by Johnansaro »
Re: Cannot connect to my BOB from mach3
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 03:28:05 PM »
Hi there
also this is a picture of my Motor Oputputs

regards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:07:58 AM »
Hi there
May be my post was not clear, but I am trying to find the right Port, and pin for my PWM , and/or Analog Voltage outPut.
At the moment I can connect to output1 of my BOB(Smooth Stepper) Trough Mach3 by pressing the (Spindle CW F5) Bottom of Mach3, as the result The corresponding Light In front of it (Output1 in my BOB, I am attaching a Picture of it) will light Up. In the picture Output1 corresponds to O1. Also I can connect it to my Inverter, therefore I can Run/stop Spindle from mach3. (From the Pic. n4, I believe I am at Port 2 , Pin 1)

But I just cannot light up the PWM corresponding Light in my BOB from Mach3 (What is the right port, and Pin for my PWM and/or Analog voltage?)
What is it wrong in my mach3 setup? Presently I am dedicating Output1 to Run and/or Stop the spindle, but also, I think I am trying to use the same output1 to connect to my PWM , I really cannot figure it out, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jhonansaro
Hi there

I am trying to install my 3 phase Spindle using a Delta 7.5 KW Inverter.
At the moment I can connect to output1 of my BOB(Smooth Stepper) Trough Mach3 by pressing the (Spindle CW F5) Bottom of Mach3, as the result The corresponding Light In front of it (Output1 in my BOB, I am attaching a Picture of it) will light Up. In the picture Output1 corresponds to O1. Also I can connect it to my Inverter, therefore I can Run/stop Spindle from mach3. (From the Pic. 77, I believe I am at Port 2 , Pin 1)

But I just cannot light up the PWM corresponding Light in my BOB from Mach3 (What is the right port, and Pin for my PWM and/or Analog voltage?)

Regards
Jhonansaro
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:17:46 AM by Johnansaro »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
It looks like you are using an old version of Mach3 - you should really be using version R3.043.062 together with the latest version of the smooth stepper plugin (170328_u4f1h for the ESS).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 03:05:28 AM »
Hi tweakie,
I don't think OPs controller is a genuine Warp9 ESS but rather a Chinese copy.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 03:10:00 AM »
Ahh, thanks Craig.

@Johnansaro, you should still be using a more up to date version of Mach3.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 06:21:26 AM »
Hi there

The controller has a Canadian made Warp9 ESS embedded in it, But this is what I have, at the moment, could you please guide me on proper Port and Pin settings
in mach3, greatly appreciated.

regards
jhonansaro

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 06:55:57 AM »
Over the years bugs in Mach3 and the Warp9 ESS plugin were gradually resolved, it was never perfect but unless you use the latest stable versions you will just be finding the problems of the past.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
Hi there

case resolved

Thanks all