Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:23:32 AM

Author Topic: Step and Dir to Analogue converter  (Read 8345 times)

Step and Dir to Analogue converter
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:17:58 PM »
Are there any other suppliers of step and Dir to analogue converters? I get no reply to my emails to Skyko (Pixie)

Brian

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Step and Dir to Analogue converter
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 03:30:20 PM »
Hi, Brian

Rutex has one, There are probably others out there.

Others may have more Info, Chip

Hood

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 03:39:27 PM »
I wish you luck getting a reply from Rutex, I asked them about their drives and never got a reply.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 03:46:02 PM »
Thanks

Sounds like Skyko

Brian

Hood

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 03:24:31 PM »
Brian
 I have another option although I am yet to test it but I have a lathe I am retrofitting at the moment. It has very large DC Servos on it and I had hoped that the CNC Teknix Tek10 drives would suffice but alas they didnt. Anyway I knew the Tek10 boards could put out an analogue signal but as my lower (power boards) had blown I asked Pete at Teknix if there was any way to use just the top boards, seems if I jumper across two pins I can trick the top board into thinking the lower board is there and working. So in theory I can use the top boards to convert the step/dir to analogue, as I said I havent tested it out yet.
 I am not sure how much it would be for the CPU board on its own, or even if Teknix would sell the CPU board on its own. Might be worth an email to them though and one thing is for sure, you WILL get a reply (remember though they are in Aus so the time difference might cause a delay)

Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 12:31:07 PM »
Thanks for that, its worth a try. The machine I am trying to convert is a large router 4' by 8' with 2 servos on the Y and 1 each on the X and Z axis. they are 1.5 kw units so I cannot afford to scrap them. I thought of possibly implementing this in a PLC, but I am not sure whether my programing skills are up to it.

Brian

Hood

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
Well the servos I had were big beasts, I didnt get the servo drives in the deal so thought I would try some of the Teknix drives but at 30Amps Continuous and a whopping 225Amps peak I think I was on a hiding to nothing.
  I have picked up some AC servos and drives from eBay which need analogue input so the Tek10 CPU boards with their Voltage out option will fit the bill and save me having to try and get pixies or rutex. Will let you know how they work out but dont know when. I still need to find info on my drives and motors so I can hook them up but so far Internet searches have been fruitless :(

Hood
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »
Rutex has step converter but I think it's out of order now. No. rh911 .  It didn't work that i know. Only has Pixie p100 Now which work.
but It's very hard to contact him.