Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:37:57 PM

Author Topic: Rapid movement (G0) tied to FRO  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Rapid movement (G0) tied to FRO
« on: July 16, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »
I'm having great fun creating spiderwebs for myself and get caught in it! ;D Can anyone please refresh my bland mind and tell me where to set the G0 rapid movement speed??
When I'm running a part program, the G0 speed is the same as the FRO in the m3 block, which is way below the machine's max speed.

The rapid overide in the settings page is not activated, but whether it is or not, I still don't get any higher than the selected fro when I'm in the g0 movement.

Any input will be appreciated.

William
Nothing's impossible

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid movement (G0) tied to FRO
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:46:51 AM »
On my system, g0 movement is set on the  CONFIG/MOTOR TUNING  page, and you can set the traverse speed of motors there. I must admit I am having a bit of trouble with mine and can't get them to move reliably much above 4 ins per minwithout missing steps - but I think that is just my particular motors and the gearing I have.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid movement (G0) tied to FRO
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:52:08 PM »
Thanks jim, I wish it was that simple. I know about the motor tuning. This is an odd one, it only seems to happen once I have edited the .set files.
From there on, I just cannot get the g0 to go at high speed. The g0 will be exactly the same speed as the FRO. Toggling the Rapid overide don't work, checking and unchecking the "FRO persist " in the general config menu has no effect, entering speeds in the "Rapid overide" DRO has no effect. Seems Like I will have to do a Sherlock Holmes on this one.

William
Nothing's impossible