Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:31:36 AM

Author Topic: Loading HPGL files  (Read 2966 times)

Loading HPGL files
« on: July 15, 2007, 03:28:04 PM »
Does anyone out there load HPGL code into LazyCam?

I use the included files on a different control that runs them just fine (it runs HPGL files or G-Code files), but I can't get LazyCam to pick these up to convert them to a form that Mach can use.  It seems to try, but the display is nowhere near correct.

Anybody know why?

NOTE:  I changed the extensions from *.plt to *.txt because the forum program won't let me post a *.plt extension.  You'll have to change this to try to run the file.
Re: Loading HPGL files
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »
I have tested your files and they do not work at all .. What did you make them in?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 09:42:39 AM »
They were generated by a program that one of our customers sell with his laser machines.  All of their laser run HPGL only, and these files are typical of what gets generated.

As stated, these post perfectly on our current control which reads in HPGL directly (and G-code) and uses it as a cut program.

I think I sent these files to you converted to DXF also.  I found an HPGL to DXF conversion utility to do it, and when converted, there are a lot of lines that don't intersect.  Your old LazyCam will load those perfectly with the filter set to 0.001", the new LazyCam won't run them.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 09:52:19 PM »
We did not write the code that gets the vectors from the files.... So we will have a look at it and if there is a problem we will report it to them

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com