Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:19:40 AM

Author Topic: Question re NcUsbPod.dll plugin file  (Read 16441 times)

Offline CX15

•  15 15
    • View Profile
Question re NcUsbPod.dll plugin file
« on: April 05, 2018, 03:07:45 PM »
Hi again all.

Next question in my new found CNC quest!

I bought a relatively vanilla flavour Chinese made 6040 machine.
Control box looks like this:

It has an USB controller connected to a Win7 32bit laptop.

PROBLEM:

After installing and configuring Mach3 software (as per manufacturer's instructions), I got this message in the final step of setup:

"Find no XHC NcUsbPod!"

This happens when hitting the E-Stop button in mach3. The message is shown in the STATUS field, like this:

STEPS TAKEN TO RESOLVE PROBLEM:

1. I contacted the supplier, but as expected, it would have been more helpful to contact The Pope in Rome!

2. I searched this forum for "ncusbpod" and read everything I could find.
This lead to a link posted by joeaverage that pointed me to a Chinese supplier website and there I found a different (and newer) version of the NcUsbPod.dll file.
(The website is here: http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/220.html)

3. I replaced the old NcUsbPod.dll file with this newer one and voila! Message gone and machine seems to be working. (I only ran one test piece of Gcode, but it seems to function OK for now).

MORE INFO:

I have checked every single setting in Mach3 with the two different .dll files installed.
Everything is exactly the same except the following settings screen:

->Mach3 Main Menu    ->Config    ->Config Plugins    ->NcUsbPod-XHC-Mach3-USB-Motion-Card   ->Config

Here is a screenshot of that settings screen with the original .dll file installed:

And here is the same settings screen with the new .dll installed:

The old NcUsbPod.dll file is 268K big and dated 26 Jan 2015.
The newer one is 420k and dated 15 Jan 2018.

I have not (yet) opened the control box to see what exactly is in there. I guess I can if that info would help.

QUESTION TO THE GROUP:

Was this a good idea to simply replace that file? Can I break my motion controller by doing that?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Regards
Andre

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Question re NcUsbPod.dll plugin file
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 03:16:07 PM »
It won't break anything, but it may not work correctly if it's the wrong plugin. My guess is that it's not the correct plugin, but until you look in the box, you won't know for sure.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline JN

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 06:54:36 AM »
Hello I have a xhc mach3 controller for 4 axis but now it dont work properlly.
From a day to another without change anything it simply dont recognize the controller and appears on the mach3 software "Find no XHC NcUsbPod!"
I've tried with my supplier but until now without success by teamviewer, wich makes me believe that it dont have a pc driver problem.
When connect the USB to any computer it dont make any sound recognition and the work led on the controller blinks slowly wich means some problem on the connection or driver.
I already change the cable and weld a new usb hub on the circuit to replace the old one triyng to see if the problem could be on the connecting system but the problem remains.
If there is someone with the same experience or with any solution please help me i'll appreciate.
Thanks
Regards
Joao
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:56:21 AM by JN »
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »
Hi Joao,
your experience is not new, many have had that same frustration with that controller.

My advice is throw it away and buy a US or European made controller, there is plenty of info on this forum about the tried and trued manufacturers.
This my not be particularly pleasing advice....no-one wants to have to junk a device they paid good money on....but there comes a time when you
have to admit that buying it was a mistake and move on. Your CNC hobby will not progress properly until you do.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline JN

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 10:02:10 AM »
Thanks for your advice Craig.
Even from China that controller is not so cheap, so i thouth that was good, but that frustration persist like 2 months triyng to solve it with them and the answering is very limited.
There is some supplier here in Europe or US that you advices me?

Thanks.
João
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »
Andre

I was wondering if you had any further results pertaining to the swapping of the NcUsbPod.dll.  Any operational issues?
Also, can you tell me if your router came bundled with the Mach3 software.  I bought an identical unit to yours, and it seems like the Mach3 it came with may be a cracked copy, or at least has a license assigned to someone else.  I didn't expect that when I bought it. The graphic interface of my copy is arranged quite a bit differently from what I've seen elsewhere.  Can you post a screenshot of yours for comparison?  I'm thinking I need to buy an original licence.
Thanks!
Rob

Offline CX15

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 10:08:27 PM »
Hi Rob

I have been cutting merrily for the last few weeks  8)

Here's a little YouTube video I put together:

https://youtu.be/XS6jMV2FcAw

There are a few niggles, but it is hard to say whether it's from changing the .dll file or not.
Here is one of the outstanding problems:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,37034.0.html

And yes, it was cracked with a fake license.
I highly suggest you do what I did, and buy a new license from the Mach3 website.
Buying a proper license does not change anything in the interface though. It just makes you sleep better at night  ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:17:10 PM by CX15 »
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 04:16:10 AM »
Andre,
I’m glad to see you have your machine producing.
A couple of questions, if I may....
Is your unit connected by USB or Parallel Port?
My control board is a Y00CNC  M3-USB-JB4;  same as yours?
Did you replace the NcUsbPod.dll in your purchased copy?
Did you add a file called “memoryoverride”?
I’m running Windows 7, are you?

Thanks!
Rob

Offline CX15

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 12:53:56 PM »
No problem!

- Yes, USB connection
- I have no idea what control board it has; I have never opened up the box and there were no manual
- Yes, I replaced the NcUsbPod.dll file with one I found elsewhere on the internet.
(There is no difference between the supplied copy of Mach3 and a purchased copy. You only buy a license for whatever version you have installed)
- Yes, I ran the memoryoverride file
- Windows 7 here as well

As for the interface you mentioned. It was designed to work specifically with the supplied machine and yes, it's quite a bit different to other screens I've seen.
Buying a proper license will not change the interface screen at all.

Hope that makes sense