Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:50:20 AM

Author Topic: Homing Speed v3481  (Read 1935 times)

Homing Speed v3481
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:42:38 AM »
The Homing in Mach4 v3481 is unbecoming because the high Homing speed causes inaccurate Home positions. At low homing speed it takes forever until the axes are referenced.

The axes should drive with rapid traverse to the home switches. Then drive away from the switch a bit and drive at low measure speed to the switch and set the home positions.

Re: Homing Speed v3481
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:27:29 PM »
Homing behavior is not directly controlled by Mach4, it is up to the motion
control device and its plug-in. Most will seek the home sensor at a relatively
high speed and then back off of it slowly to determine the home position.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 05:19:33 PM »
Hi,
to my knowledge, the ESS for instance approaches the home switch at the same speed as it backs up.
Thats how the ESS works and it is not able to be chjanged by Mach, its as Steve says a motion controller
function.
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:51:28 AM »
Thank you for your information. I have the cslab IP-M controller. I will contact them.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 12:50:22 PM »
I believe the ESS has selectable approach and back off speeds in the plugin config.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 04:46:30 PM »
The answer from CS-Lab:

You have to ask ArtSoft about this.

If they add to Mach4 settings for driving speed from a switch then we will adapt to it.

???
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 11:38:29 PM »
Hi,
Tom is right, Warp9's ESS allows you to program approach and backoff speeds. I don't believe it was always this way, I suspect it has changed with the
later plugin builds from Warp9, there have been half a dozen in the last year or so.

The point being that it can be done, its not dependent on Mach4 doing something....to whit....the ESS already does it.

To give CSlabs their due their Mach4 plugin is still pretty new and by their own admission its a work in progress. Its not uncommon for a controller/plugin manufacturer
to claim that it requires some feature in Mach4 that NFS has yet to provide that prevents them from supporting some feature. I saw a response that Mach4 was lacking
and therefore CNCDrive could not support THC. That patently untrue, Vital Systems Hicon board makes a very good job of THC with exactly the same Mach4 build.
In this instance I think CSLabs are telling porkies too, if they wish to support different approach and backoff speeds they can, they just havr to roll up their sleeves.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'