Third party software and hardware support forums. > Newfangled Solutions Mach3 Wizards

tiling - X only very long piece

<< < (2/3) > >>

gmankev:
Thhanks for bearing with my questions.

I have figured out a measuring method for my 6M work pieces with a friction wheel and angular encoder.(accuracy aside for the moment).  The quadrature encoding can be connected to WARP9 and should then appear in the Settings Panel in MACH3..

My next questions and steps are  

i) to add this value to main screen for easy monitoring
ii) with respect to the 'To DRO' / 'Load DRO' buttons in that panel.. Does this copy the encoder value to the X position .
iiii) I can write a MACRO to update my CNC file based on this encoder position, perhaps a G54.1  code to to update location based on the error between desired and actual

Then back in CAM I can produce a toolpath in large 1M tiles , update it with suitable macros in preprocessror and send to machine.

joeaverage:
Hi,
I transitioned to Mach4 about 18 months ago and my Mach3/VB was always weak, in fact it was to get away from VB that I went to Mach4. From what
I remember though there was the opportunity to read a raw encoder value and have another DRO which held the numerically corrected value. The numerically
corrected value could be displayed on screen and/or mixed/manipulated with other DROs.

I think therefore i),ii) and iii) are all achievable although I'm not going to offer to help with VB, if you wished to do it in Lua I would.

Craig

TPS:
-->i) to add this value to main screen for easy Monitoring
this is pretty easy

-->ii) with respect to the 'To DRO' / 'Load DRO' buttons in that panel.. Does this copy the encoder value to the X position .
that is also easy via VBScript

-->iiii) I can write a MACRO to update my CNC file based on this encoder position, perhaps a G54.1  code to to update location based on the error between desired and actual
-->Then back in CAM I can produce a toolpath in large 1M tiles , update it with suitable macros in preprocessror and send to machine.

here i am not sure, what you trying to modify on the NC files.

let's make an example for better understanding.

you have a 3M part.
is your CAM making three file's. 1st file 0-1000m 2nd file 1000-2000mm 3rd file 2000-3000m ?
if three files are the x-coodrinates going from 0-3000mm or 0-1000mm in each file ?

if the value of your measuring wheel is in Mach3, it should be no bigger Problem to
"modify" x-axis value after a ref according to this value.

gmankev:
TPS WROTE:

>> if the value of your measuring wheel is in Mach3, it should be no bigger Problem to
>> "modify" x-axis value after a ref according to this value.

Thanks you picked up great on what I am trying to do.. and I think you lead me the correct way to do it.

I would really like to get to one file 0_3000mm, and it now sounds like I can use my  measured DRO value to be the real X position.

So at the moment I am trying to figure out if one file for 0_3000mm or  3 files of {0_1000mm,1000_2000mm,2000_3000mm} is better.   

I would prefer to use one large file to cover the complete 3M piece and add it to it suitabe post processing that will trigger the correct mach and user behaviour needed for every 1M tile.

and have a prompt (that I have to do) for MACH to indicate that  "current  '1000mm tile' is finished - please move piece 1000mm in X direction" .Then the user moves the feed 1000mm (or 990 or 1010... approx   ).  The measure wheel updates the DRO and now the measured DRO value is used to indicate where X has now moved and user clicks continue.   

I actually lack a ESS at the moment,  parts due to arrive soon, so

joeaverage WROTE:

>>  transitioned to Mach4 about 18 months ago

An experienced ESS user (not here) recommended I stay with MACH3 - perhaps he is limiting his vuew.  I have a lot more customization to do - so maybe better flexibility with MACH4.

TPS:
i would prefere to have seperate files, because interrupting a GCode , do something manualy and then restart at
the exact Point is also not easy.

more interesting is to find this "clear" "bordes" of the single segment's

i dont know, what are you doing on this machine, but what would be, if there
is something to do on this part, witch start's f.e. at 965 and Ends at 1150 ? ???

i think a lot questions will Pop up during this challege.

i can only give you a Hand on VB Scripting side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version