Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:51:43 AM

Author Topic: mach 4 plasma  (Read 1599 times)

mach 4 plasma
« on: March 07, 2018, 11:11:00 PM »
can some one tell me when mach 4 plasma is going to be out 
also is there an engraver option  I don't mean the built in engraver like I have in the mach 4 mill 
I mean a screen you can turn on an output and offsets in x y z  so all tou need is the tool command from sheet cam  like t2 m6
if you have to make codes for it to work keep it   I have mach 4 now using vital systems archpro screen for plasma in mach 4 
un less your a code wiz for get it    every table being built out there now has engravers and drawing pens  options
that an a post processor for mach 4 for sheet cam would be nice  there is nun you have to use mach 3 one
Re: mach 4 plasma
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 06:35:47 AM »
How about asking for this in the Mach4 feature request?

As I suggested setup a second profile for just the Engraver and get to work making parts. Then work on getting the screen exactly the way you want it.
Your concern was about part location when switching between profiles, IIRC. If you have home switches all you should have to do is home when changing between profiles and you should be good to go.

Writing a post processor is part of your CAM program. Ask at the SheetCAM site and see if anybody has one.

I would also suggest that you don't have multiple topics started on what is basically the same problem.

I know you are frustrated but you are coming across as angry and demanding. Not the best way to get help.

All that being I am still willing to help.

Mike.

We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 08:21:12 AM »
Jeff,
Again, Like I said in the other post, you can adjust your X, Y, and Z offsets for T2 in the Tool Table.  It's pretty easy to do.  You just need to be sure that your CAM posts out a G43 H2 for T2. 

What you're wanting, so I can clarify, is when T2 is called up, your X, Y, and Z offset is updated and the engraver is turned on.  When T1 is called back up (Plasma torch) your X, Y, and Z, offsets are adjusted and the engraver is shut off?
Chad Byrd
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 08:34:11 AM »
no I cant adjust a tool the arch pro screen wont let a tool change I tried loading it in to a demo of mach 4  tool changes work in mach 4 mill  I don't know whats locked out   if you want me to post the plc I can do that were do I post it on hear
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »
I think this tool change problem is the arch pro screen from vitalsystem hilcon controller
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 07:17:40 PM »
im happy to report  my vital system hilcon controller and arch pro plasma screen can now change tools . with the m6 command  thanks to  Cbyrdtopper  who did the code  I will say I learned a lot
of how things work in mach 4    now when activating a code in sheet cam my  x y z now responds to the tool offset triggers an out put  and has a button for over ride
and works fine   now I have the ability to have 99 tools  don't need that many in plasma lol