Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:07:44 AM

Author Topic: mach 4 plasma tool change engraver setup  (Read 2891 times)

Re: mach 4 plasma tool change engraver setup
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 08:11:13 AM »
Okay.  I'll walk you through it.
Open the screen editor.  Operator --> Edit Screen
Then look at the attached pictures.
1.  Be sure that you highlight the screen name at the top of the "screen tree manager".
2.  Select the 2nd tab of the "Properties".
3.  Open the PLC Script.

Put the code at the end of the PLC Script, just above the Last Line stuff from Mach4.  As good practice.  Put the Date and your initials by your new code to keep track of what you added.  Exp.  CB 3-7-18
Chad Byrd
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 10:26:53 PM »
I want to first thank you for your help. I can’t make this work I’m not a software person I’ve always been a hardware guy 30 years with communication equipment.         I removed the code it does not do anything.   I also can’t use input 1 2 3 there used for Torch high control.   I made the inputs 4 still doesn't work out puts are fine after putting everything back .with no code I just tried to see if this would do a simple tool change just typing t2 m6 that does nothing.    Funny thing I have mill loaded and a t2 m6 does a tool change on the screen but not with the arch pro screen that vital system has.I thinking vital system removed the tool change feather from the system.   when I load there arch pro screen everything changes to their plasma setup they have arch pro on their site to down load free. But to use the THC it has to be turned on in the controller with a code they gave me after I paid for it.    So I’m thinking maybe a tool change won’t work they have it locked I don't know.
I asked them they said they can do the feature for a price per hr.   so I don't know  I’m starting to hate Mach 4  to much bs to make it work the way I want.  maybe there plasma screen will be fine I don't know what’s in it.  I will say if they don’t put a feature in there for an engraver I know a lot of plasma guys that will not use it  every one do the engraver off the z  this is nothing new   Linux is looking better I starting to see why command cnc got away from Mach went Linux.   Maybe even a masso controller no pc needed...   the whole way with the build Mach 4 has been a pain in the ass to setup  the wire ing and the vital system controller was fine no problems there  Mach 4 does not even have a post processor for sheet cam I have to use the Mach 3 one How long has this soft were been out there no post processor still for Mach 4.  this is the stuff I went through the last several months just basic setup information is not there. Sorry for my rant this is why people are just not going to go Mach 4 I can’t even get help. I guess if I want to keep going down the Mach 4 path I have to pay vital systems to build me a setup for it   if I knew what the new plasma screen had I would wait on it The funny thing the built in engraver that’s in Mach mill works fine its new with the latest down load But it only does what you type in the box its useless. unless you just want like a serial number I sure the mach 4 program is grate if you’re a lua programmer. all us users are not. the cad drawing programs are enough  Mach 4 needs to be easier to use and setup im getting ready to do a mill retro I don’t think im going to use mach 4  and im tired of support telling me to read the manual who understands how to deal with all the code crap in there its stupid  Again im sorry its not your fault  cbyrdtropper  I just had enough goofing around with the mach program I use it like it is and build another controller that I can setup easyer with no mach in it
I see why the mill maker like HAAS went linux  
Thanks Jeff coldon    
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 11:29:01 PM »
Jeff.   I understand your frustration.   It just takes time to learn things.
Mach4 is very powerful and very flexible.   There is an entire thread on the forum about people's opinions. In whether Mach is hobby or not.   Part of your frustration you have mentioned has not be uncommon among users.   It's the amount of time you want to spend making something to fit your exact needs.   
I'm still willing to help you get this engraver working.   Maybe send over your plasma profile that is working without the engraver and I can see if I can add in a tab for the engraver information.   I'm and an advocate for Mach4, and I want to see them grow more.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 12:04:39 AM »
ok I can give you what you need were can I send the file I assume you want the pro  I have an email of koollakes@koollakes.com if you want to use that I can reply  I can copy to a thumb drive 
un less you want me to post the filr on hear that's fine   
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 07:21:00 PM »
im happy to report  my vital system hilcon controller and arch pro plasma screen can now change tools . with the m6 command  thanks to  Cbyrdtopper  who did the code  I will say I learned a lot
of how things work in mach 4    now when activating a code in sheet cam my  x y z now responds to the tool offset triggers an out put  and has a button for over ride
and works fine   now I have the ability to have 99 tools  don't need that many in plasma lol