Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:15:05 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Goto Zero  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Goto Zero
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 06:06:26 AM »
I could imagine writing some code to do a text compare or maybe there is a feature like text compare in one of the text programs.

Notepad++ has a compare plugin. You paste both scripts in as 2 different files then compare using the compare plugin. It will show you where any differences are if any. Using Notepad++ with the Mach4 lua language package I posted for it is an extremely useful tool. I still use the 32 bit version of Notepad++ because many of the plugins weren't supported in 64 bit last time I looked.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,32263.msg224557.html#msg224557
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 09:07:32 AM »
One really cool feature of Notepad++ is the fact that you can easily find your "end" from functions or "if" statements, this is useful if you have several nested features in a chunk of code. 
Chad Byrd

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
Yup, folding works good. Just make sure all of your end of lines are for windows format (Edit, EOL conversion, Windows). If the eol is mixed folding doesn't work correctly. Also make sure you put one line after the very last. If not, formatting may not look right.

I also use the function list, document map and view all characters pretty often. Notepad++ is just an awesome tool.

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!