Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:50:36 AM

Author Topic: Dohin Partmaster & Mach3  (Read 5945 times)

Dohin Partmaster & Mach3
« on: July 10, 2007, 03:47:07 PM »
Hi everyone, this is about mach 3 and partmaster, having trouble with partmaster outputting g code for example if I draw a square and creat an approach and run (tear drop) off creat the g code mach portrays the tool path with huge circles on every corner of the square and the approach and run off are the same (tear drop type approaches) now if I change the post process say to micromill all is fine can anyone help me sort this out ... befor I go demented.. >:(

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Dohin Partmaster & Mach3
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 04:45:54 PM »
Hey Bob,
   Can you post the Gcode that gives you the huge circles? Also, you might want to look in general config, IJ mode, almost center of the page, try changing that and see if it helps.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »
Hi, Bob

Sounds like your using LazyCam, If so click on the lead- in marker.

Then Double-Click it, A window will pop up, At the top set the lead-in to a smaller Value.

Hope this it It, Chip
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:18:41 AM »
No I am Using Dolphin Partmaster sorry for typing error, Hear is the code just a simple square drawn in dolphin with a lead in/out the lead in is wrong and the corners of the square are deffo wrong. But like I daid if I change the post process to mincromill (which works on a taig mill) everything is fine???? I have sent my files to dolphin and I hope they will be so kind as to reply as promptly as the folk on this bboard.. Thanks for help.   
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 09:57:39 AM »
Hi Brett you cracked it just changed the Ij from incremental to absolute, Now the mach files are right and the micromill is wrong (huge circles) but can you tell me why its right so I can get it in my mind for the futre. Thanks bob. ;D

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »
Good to hear Bob,
     A post processor basically generates code the way a certain machine likes to see it. You may be able to make your own postprocessor by coping one and editing it to your liking or some cam packages actually have post generators, kinda hold your hand and walk you through it deal.  For some reason, I had to seperate my G0 rapid moves on mine at some point. I had to but the z on a seprate line from the x and y. I think it is because my knee is soooooo slow and I also had to change the way it generates code for arcs. Dolphin might write you a post processor for use with Mach or they may have one allready, what ever the case, let us know so we can post it. We have a place just for post processor for Mach. Their might be one there that you could use now. Here is the link.
http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/cam.htm

Hope this helps,
Brett  
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:32:52 AM »
Hi Brett,
Just spoke to dolphin and they have a post process for incremental, absolute, and 4th axis. so going to try and get hold of these. I tried looking at the post process file as another thing Dolphin does is put G00 and G28 on the same line and mach reports it does not allow this. I was a bit bemused by the content and drew the conclusion it was abit beond  my knowledge AT THIS TIME.  Bob.