Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:42:10 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 win7 32bit, movement only in one direction, what to do?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Jmk

•  5 5
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 win7 32bit, movement only in one direction, what to do?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
Now I am really lost. 5 volt max voltage on the dir pin. When jogging or not. Also on the com pin and About 0.4 on the step pin.
I can't figure out what settings I could alter. At this point it's only the ports and pins settings to get my motors running. What am I doing wrong?
By the way: i'm an building/construction engineer and not an elektronic engineer so forgive me if I don't get it.
About two years ago I finished my home build cnc. The software and elektronics took me A lot of YouTube tutorials viewing but I got it working. I'm supprised that it doesn't work anymore.

Thanx for the help til so far.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 12:29:20 AM »
just as  a sanity check,

why not try taking the step and dir signals going to the axis that works (x) and put them on one of the other axis drivers, for example y.

so since you know the x axis step and dir signals are good, when you move x in mach 3, physically the y axis of the machine should move instead. does it move? 

do a similar test for z.

if teh axis DO move at least then you know for sure it is a problem with the signal between mach 3 and the step/dir output pins and NOT a problem with your motors or the connections from the stepper windings to your drivers/your drivers, etc.

i know you said the machine used to work, so it seems the wiring is ok but just double check since sometimes contacts corrode and conduct poorly etc... it doesn't hurt to check.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »
  5 volt max voltage on the dir pin. When jogging or not. Also on the com pin and About 0.4 on the step pin.

You should see 5v on the DIR pin when jogging in ONE direction. It should drop to 0v when jogging in the OTHER direction.

The voltage on the STEP pin will be proportional to the frequency of the pulse stream dictating the axis speed.

Check the terminals at EACH END of the conductors to insure that there is no break, or opening in the circuit.