Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:43:09 AM

Author Topic: Understanding.  (Read 5550 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Understanding.
« on: December 31, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »
Once we have all become deeply involved with Mach4 and LUA scripts programming (and of course, all the logical thinking) how do we learn to talk with the necessary grammatical commas in the right places ?

His wife asks him to pop to the corner store and buy a pint of milk and as an after thought, says that if they have any eggs then please get half a dozen.
When he returns, his wife asks him why he has 6 bottles of milk. His reply, “they have eggs”.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Understanding.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 08:33:09 AM »
Too funny!

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 08:38:23 AM »
Thanks Mike - but it is true !

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
I have had to explain to certain people if you can't explain it in a clear and complete sentence, then you will not get what you want.
All the texting and facebooking that people do causes them to forget how to use English.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 01:00:42 PM »
Sad but true.

One theory is.... the one thing that allowed us to rise to the top of the food chain is language (the ability to convey a lot of very specific, detailed information quickly). While we regress, computing standards, capacity and ability progress. Can anyone guess what I would bet on being the new top of the food chain in the not to distant future?
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 05:20:11 AM »
Can anyone guess what I would bet on being the new top of the food chain in the not to distant future?

This guy looks mean enough to take over ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 05:25:36 AM »
Lol, close Tweakie. He would be runner up I suppose.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 07:58:14 AM »
It’s a few years ago now since spending some time in Charleston SC and staying in a small, new development, property backing onto a lake in Mount Pleasant. On the second day, taking my breakfast out onto the patio, there just laying on the lawn was the biggest Alligator I had ever seen in my life. It must have been some 60 feet away but it looked like I could just reach out and touch. I slowly backed up, turned and then ran. Whilst putting on a dry pair of trousers it dawned on me just why the pool was surrounded by a tall wire fence (I had previously thought it was there to prevent young children accidentally falling into the pool and drowning – wrong !). Others may laugh but we have no predators here in the UK and that Alligator was the most scary thing I have ever seen in my life. Never saw him (or her) again all the time I was there, but I never again went out onto the patio early morning or after dusk.

So, as a second guess…

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »
Lol, We had an alligator in the pond across the road a few years ago. I was talking to someone further up north and they said they were surprised we had them here. I replied, "Not nearly as surprised as me! Never heard of one around here myself." We swam in that pond as kids. I threw my lab in it to get her swimming. Best to always be prepared to defend your title of "Top of the food chain" with whatever means necessary I guess. There have been recent reports of bears, panthers and even a wolf a guy shot and posted pictures of. Coyotes are prolific now and decimating all the game population (up to and including deer). All threats that did not exist in my area a few years ago..... or did they? If they did "ignorance is bliss" as they say.

Good guess Tweakie but no. What I'm thinking appears harmless and most embrace it.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 10:53:52 PM »
AI .... Robots ! ? ? ? ::)