Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:09:45 AM

Author Topic: Toolpath Regen  (Read 1246 times)

Toolpath Regen
« on: December 26, 2017, 05:38:01 PM »
Hi All,
have just noticed something about the 3481 build.

I have two Gcode files, one for the top of a PCB and one for the lower side. When I load say, the top etch file it loads and the tooplath draws as normal.

If I then close that file and load the lower side file, it loads and the dialogue box suggests it is going to draw the toolpath, but it fact draws the toolpath
of the previously loaded file, ie the upper layer.

If I close the current file and then do a <Regen Toolpath>, ie draw a blank page, then load a new file all is well, the new file draws correctly.

Has anyone noticed the same? I have noticed this with build 3481 but have not noticed it with earlier builds but don't know whether the earlier builds
behave the same way. Does anyone have an earlier build active who would be prepared to test the redraw behavior?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Toolpath Regen
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 07:51:26 AM »
Not exactly earlier as you request, but I have no such issue with version 3485. I can open files freely, whether or not the program is run in between. I do not need to close one file before opening another.

This is on my office machine using SIM.

Allan
Re: Toolpath Regen
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 11:43:22 AM »
Went out to the garage and re-tested with 3481 and CS Labs. Again everything worked without issue, so sorry I am unable to reproduce your issue.

Allan