Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 08:34:44 PM

Author Topic: Fusion 360 & Mach3 Mill G-code and Post processors  (Read 11458 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Fusion 360 & Mach3 Mill G-code and Post processors
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »
In the attached file is the optimal stop set to yes or no it's where the arrow points to.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 07:01:14 PM »
Says yes

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »
That could be part of the problem, I have the G Code you posted running it seems to be fine so far, it does have a M8 in the wrong places what is ok for the tormach machines.

If you post from the use installed post libury with the new Mach3 post it should be putting out an error and saying there is a invalled coolant mode, one of your tools will have one of the coolant settings set wrong you set them all to nothing or  what coolant method you are useing for all, I think this is where the problem is.

So check all your tools and make sure the coolant is set to off or what type of coolant method you are useing, I have seen this problem quite a few times and it has just been the coolant setting in the tool library.

Just check that and run a code on your machine as a air cut and see if it stops with a M1 or just stops on the coolant call M7 or M8.

I would look at the tools in your file you posted but I can not look at tools or even make changes to a toolpath at the moment to they find out why that part of fusion is not working for me at all, I can check a setup and post a g code and that's it.
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 07:47:45 PM »
i think you may be onto something.. i did remember seeing that in a message. When i get home. (shortly) I will check in the library and see what its set for. so your saying i can just turn that off? I know there is a way to select different types of coolants and such but I will just check over it and try a dry run..

Thank you very much for the insight.. Hugely appreciated.. it was driving me nuts.. I have a Chinese CNC.. not a tormach also.. i was using the tormach post processor.. was a friends suggestion.. they are not familuar with Fusion 360 is why i am sure.. but i will try and change over to the mach3mill instead ..

any settings i need to change from the originals its set up with?

John 

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 07:51:15 PM »
The coolant setting is in the tools setup in your tool library
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 10:21:12 PM »
Ok tried it and it's doing funky things using the mach3/mill post processor.

I machine zero everything..  Bring my tool to the corner of the work area zero out x, y and z.
Load the g code,.. Click run.. It's goes to home zero like it wants to run program but again freezes.. It's like it's binding or stuck.. When it's really not.. Is there anyone that could show me a walk thru to confirm my post processor is setup correctly with my Mach 3 setup I currently have. I'm thinking it's something very simple as it did my spoilboard effortlessly.

I did disable coolant in tool library.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 11:35:07 PM »
You will need someone to look at the toolpaths and the pre post dialog.