Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:24:09 AM

Author Topic: Spindle Controls  (Read 1855 times)

Spindle Controls
« on: December 26, 2017, 06:18:43 PM »
Ok what is this SRO%?  I thought it was % of spindle speed (i.e. 100% = max spindle speed, 150% overdriving spindle speed).  Apparently that is NOT true.  It appears to be a % of commanded spindle speed.

Thanx.
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
“Dear Algebra, Please stop asking us to find your X.  She's never coming back and don't ask Y.”
Re: Spindle Controls
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 06:33:57 PM »
Hi,
that is my understanding. There is the 'true rpm DRO' but it just reflects the measurement and calculation made by observing the index pulse from the
spindle.

If you want to know why the Speed Rate Overide doesn't apply to the measured speed is because Mach4 is NOT a closed loop controller.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 06:39:25 PM »
The SRO% seems to only affect the motor a little bit based on the S#### speed value set.  I thought it would be a % of total speed (which it is not) (i.e. I can't turn on spindle at 100% setting and expect my maximum spindle speed).  Seems to only be a % of commanded speed with the S#### code.  I think they could identify that a little better.  I'm just getting into customizing the screen to my liking. 
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
“Dear Algebra, Please stop asking us to find your X.  She's never coming back and don't ask Y.”
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 06:52:17 PM »
Hi,
so you want the side control to be a speed setting rather than a percentage of commanded?

You could do that but you would have to code it. If you have a look in the edit screen page of the SRO slider you will find it doesn't have a script exactly but an in-built Mach
function called SpeedRateOveride.

If you wish to use that slider you'll have to break that connection and write your own script. Is that what you had in mind?

Craig
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »
I can write the script.  I was just initially confused and thought I had a board problem with the PoKeys57CNC.  All is good.  Just questioning why the SRO% is the way it is.  I figure there must be a reason for NFS to code it that way.
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 06:59:49 PM »
Hi,
once NFS made an internal function called SpeedRateOveride its logical to connect the slider to that function.

Of course we can write our own function if the stock one doesn't appeal.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »