Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:18:35 AM

Author Topic: Z axis loss of cutting depth after multiple Z movements  (Read 3936 times)

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
Re: Z axis loss of cutting depth after multiple Z movements
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »
Maybe you missed the part about being Retired and doing the work for Charity.
Nope. I am retired too.
But neither being retired nor doing something for charity alters the basic fact that a CNC hobby can be quite expensive.

To be sure, you can build and make operational a CNC machine for not too many $$, BUT only if you have all the mechanical, electronic and computer engineering skills you are going to need. If you don't have them, you will need to pay for them - as indeed you have noted yourself  Paid a lot more than eBay

Cheers
Roger
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 07:51:02 PM »
Yup, I have spent a lot of time and money over the past 10-12 years, in spite of being a Master Electrician who enjoys controls and CNC.  This is my first Mach3 system and its not been that big a deal. In fact I find the Mach3 community pretty darn helpful.  Yes I retired 10 years ago, and will turn 75 next year, but I still enjoy a brain challenge.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 08:03:48 PM »
Ha! Well, we are agreed on one thing: brain-strain!

Cheers
Roger
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 06:15:13 AM »
Next stop, RETIREMENT!!!!

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.