Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:47:38 AM

Author Topic: Homing Issue - Z axis won't release the switch after homing  (Read 3692 times)

Re: Homing Issue - Z axis won't release the switch after homing
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 01:07:47 AM »
Hi,
no I don't think so. Snap action microswitches are correct for home switches and proximity switches for limit switches. The simplest way to solve your problem is to have
three individual home switches, one for each axis and ideally each with its own input pin and separate limit switches. Note that all your home switches need
to be 'inside' your limits. Then you can reference (home) your machine without any of the limit switches triggering. With your motion controller a 57CNC
you have swags of IO, why are you trying to economise on inputs? Faults like the one you have described are exactly the sort of thing that occurs when you try
to do double duty with your switches.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 02:05:56 AM »
IMHO i cannot see a problem with proximity switches as home switches and limit, i have used these on my machine for 4 years as the same and will do on my new machine shortly, they are very accurate.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 12:40:44 PM »
I got a tip to solve this by adjusting the “Debounce interval” and “Index debounce” settings. unfortunately in  mach3. I could not found this function in mach4. Does it exist in mach4?
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:18 PM »
Hi,
those are settings in your motion controller plugin not Mach.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 12:53:07 PM »
OK. Thanks Craig. I will have a closer look to the board doc.