Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:28:45 AM

Author Topic: Lua: Error while running chunk - on closing MACH4  (Read 3446 times)

Lua: Error while running chunk - on closing MACH4
« on: November 24, 2017, 01:40:43 PM »
I have the following error when closing Mach4;

[string""]: 532: attempt to index globle 'T Frame' (a nil value) stack traceback:
[string""]: 532: in function <[string""]:527>

Correct the script and restart.

Any ideas, thanks
Dion

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: Lua: Error while running chunk - on closing MACH4
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:10:48 PM »
This can happen if Mach4 has crashed for any reason and has`nt saved the profile correctly. The T Frame is part of the Touuch Panel, to rectify the fault you will need to edit your profile.ini file that is in your profile directory. Look for the lines that will prob look like this

Code: [Select]
[TOffParams]
ToffDialog=1
ToffProbeRate=5

and change to this whilst Mach4 is not running

Code: [Select]
[TOffParams]
ToffDialog=0
ToffProbeRate=5

If yours looks like the first one then this will prevent the Touch Panel from working correct as when you press the button Mach4 thinks the panel is already open when not, so it gives you the impression that it doesnt work.

DazTheGas
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:20:54 PM by DazTheGas »
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
Re: Lua: Error while running chunk - on closing MACH4
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:22:24 AM »
Beautiful, found under machine.ini for my profile, corrected it and up comes the display, thanks very much.

The LED works fine and in the display it goes blue when the I touch the pad on the probe. But when I select Z axis probe, Mach4 Enable button goes green instantly, and then it hangs for any further commands given. So if I try to enable again, it goes red but that's it. "Program not responding" and I need to reboot the PC because windows says an instance of the program is still running (after END program seems to have closed. 

This has to work, doesn't it? If Mach4 is getting the signals, its just the operator that needs counselling... ???