Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:45:25 AM

Author Topic: XHC Mach4 USB motion board warning and info  (Read 31367 times)

Re: XHC Mach4 USB motion board warning and info
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 09:49:22 AM »
With regards to lack of support, I've actually had more issues with ArtSoft who refuses to acknowledge an issue/undocumented feature with Mach4 (I use metric, and if I go into config to check a value (ie not change anything), when I come out of config the units always revert to imperial even though G21 is active ... so a 10mm jog gives a 254mm travel!!   I need to exit and reopen every time opening config - despite claims to the contrary).  Not a major inconvenience once you know about it, but I did break a few tools until figuring out the glitch - which must surely affect others.  The other issue is with Mill Wizard.  Purchased last ~August, but unusable because it will not accept the key supplied.  I've given up trying to get a new key or advice on what to do.

Louis,

I responded to your inquiries about MillWizard in July and September, but never received any responses in return. Based on the information you submitted at that time, it seems that your PC ID needs to be updated. That can be done by logging in to your account at machsupport.com, going to 'Manage my licenses,' and then copying and pasting the PC ID from the Help>About window in MillWizard. If you do not see a PC ID field below your MillWizard license, click Deactivate on the old license and it should appear. Once it looks correct, click 'Add' and a link to download the new license will be sent to your email. Be sure to check your spam folder if you do not see it within a few minutes.

As for the issues with switching units, this is a known issue that our developers are aware of and I was unable to find any tickets in our system from you regarding that issue.

While I do respond to posts on this forum from time to time, the best way to have an issue addressed by a member of the Newfangled Solutions team is to submit a ticket at support.machsupport.com. The contact us page on machsupport.com is not as reliable as it sends an email that one person can access (me) whereas a ticket is immediately available to the entire tech support team. Also, several of the options on the contact us page will result in a canned response directing you to the ticketing system and never actually reach anyone.

I can't say I have all the answers, but if I receive your question or concern it will not be ignored.

Thank you,
Bryanna
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:55:33 AM by bryannab »
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2018, 02:59:52 PM »
As for XHC support. i had them log into my machine with teamviewer also. He kept reverting me back to using wxMach.exe which limited me to absolutely no screen editing and a very limited Mach4 which is a waste of time. His driver wouldnt work with Mach4GUI.exe.
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »
Wow! thanks for the rapid response Bryanna,

I looks like I am able to lodge a ticket, but your responses are ending up somewhere else.  I'll check my spam and account settings in case I have screwed up.  I the meantime I will follow your prompts to get Mill Wizard reinstalled. Thanks again.  Really looking forward to using Mill Wizard!

Best regards,
Louis
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2018, 03:47:29 PM »
Bryanna - confirming that the new licence key worked perfectly, though as suspected the auto reply with the new key arrived as spam.  All good thanks!

A belated comment regarding the known issue with Mach4 swapping metric back to imperial units: It would be greatly appreciated if ArtSoft could actively advise users of known significant problems (an email to users each time a mission critical error is discovered for example), as this one caused several broken tools and crashes before I figured out there was a problem with Mach and not me or my pendant.  Finding out the hard way in CNC is certainly expensive.  Once knowing that I had an issue, I did search the web but did not find anything on-line, despite it being a known issue.  Guessing the right key words is random at best.  

Best regards,
Louis
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2018, 03:58:58 PM »
Peter, sorry to hear that your problem couldn't be sorted.  I confess to not really understanding what your problem is as all 4 XHC drivers used so far allow access via MachGUI.exe and with screen editing.  If it helps, happy to try and replicate your issue if you send me your config file and drivers (ljwibb@hotmail.com).  Louis

Offline gaca

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2018, 04:12:30 AM »
Hi all,

Unfortunatly I didn't read this article befor buying XHC card(s). I have two MK4 M4 and Mk4 M3.
Generally this cards a running under Mach4 (Plugin ver. 5.10.2) also with Mach4GUI but not good enough. Firs installation, following instruction was not good at all. After reinstalling Mach4 and putting just plugin files into plugin folder, the Mach4 recognize the card and the movement was possible. But....

Btw. it's true, as Peter described, by working in mm, any go to config will switch Mach4 in inch mode. Tit' not neccessery to restart Mach4, but you have to execute G21 from MDI. It will be nice if Mach4 will stay in metric mode, but this is just nice to have, because when all is configured, there is no need to go in config any time....

Back to XHC. I cannot say what this card is able to do, because I know that backlash compensation is not at all implemented and this was NO GO for me. One of my machines is an old one, and has backlash about 0.1 mm what's far too much. I can put what I want in backlash compensation field in Mach4, nothing happens.

My expirience with support is bad. Also my disput was declined without any word of explanation but OK I took this as a learn-money. So this story is finished for me. On my old machine I take PlanetCNC again (this car has his own SW, no Mach4 is possible!) and for new machine I ordered Vital System Hicon Integra. Yes, Integra is expensive, I agree, but my time is also expensive for me ;-) On the end XHC was very expencive! 200 bugs for one card, two days of trying to run this card properly, several mails on 'support', then again deinstallation etc.  So, if someone wants to have this two cards, I will give it for free (just transport have to be payed), but I cannot recommend it. Add a bit more money, and buy one of the cards the people here can recommend!
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2018, 11:38:44 PM »
Hi All,
doesn't sound like XHC have done themselves any favours, the majority of their customers have had a bad experience
and given the boards the flick.

If I'm not mistaken Alex He has been known to contribute to the forum and I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in on this thread.
It may well be that he wishes to avoid criticism which is only human but if no-one from XHC responds it rather confirms
the suspision that they don't care about what happens to their customers.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline gaca

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2018, 02:55:13 AM »
Hi Craig,

Unfortunatly this is true. The only answer I got from Mr. Alex was: "I copy this email to our after salese engineer Jack Ma. He will give you reply soon. I think."
Mr. Ma has never send me a mail. So much about support quality. I even asked for SDK, to try to fix my problem DIY, or cooperate with the guys there to fix this, no response.

In my opinion, this card is not at all bad hardware, but I supose that Mach4 specification is not implemented as required. Ignoring the customers feedback will not make this card any better :-)

Marijan

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2018, 04:49:29 AM »
Gaca thanks for writing your experience for others as well. I think the more this is exposed the better. It's just not fair on customers.
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2018, 09:47:29 PM »
Hi,

In my opinion, this card is not at all bad hardware, but I supose that Mach4 specification is not implemented as required. Ignoring the customers feedback will not make this card any better :-)

Given the investment made to produce good hardware, by your own description, it seems really weird that XHC would
not continue its firmware development to at the least match the standard of the hardware.

I have commented before that some of these companies are just selling houses, they cant do any technical development.
Previous posters have suggested that XHC is the developer/manufacturer but their behaviour suggests otherwise.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'