Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:14:44 AM

Author Topic: Digitizing in Mach3  (Read 2610 times)

Digitizing in Mach3
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
Hello from a newby.  I've been running Mach2 and then Mach3 for about 15 years or so on a CNC router. (modified Techno-Isel)   I'm a retired design engineer/machinist.

Have a question on the Mach3 digitizing routine that is listed on the top menu.  When trying to run it I get the error "PREVIOUS SEQUENCE NOT YET COMPLETE".  If I press the "OK" button on the error message box continuously it will move on the x and y axis every third press but nothing happens on the z axis.  Have checked the probe input and it shows okay.

Can anyone help me out on this?  I've used the digitizing wizard add on many times with success but would like to try the Mach3 menu digitizer.  Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Digitizing in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »
I think you must be looking at a very old version of Mach3.

As far as I know the Wizard replaced the menu version many years back.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »
Yes, very old version of Mach3.  Would update but my darn old pc used for Mach3 won't connect to my router so I can get on the web.  Need to get that issue fixed. :)
Would like to find and use a digitizing routine like the Mach3 Wizard but want to be able to move up in Z only slightly after each hit and then move in X or Y for the next probe to save time.  This would be as opposed to moving up to Z0 each time.  Would you know of such a routine that could be used in Mach3?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 11:22:21 AM »
My workshop PC does not connect to the net so I download Mach on this PC then copy the installation.exe file to a USB memory stick then use that to transfer the installation.exe to the workshop PC.

Sorry but Digitizing is not something I have ever done so can't be much help regarding reduction of the Z axis clearance move.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 11:28:30 AM »
So when updating Mach3 does it retain all of the settings?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 01:33:48 AM »
So when updating Mach3 does it retain all of the settings?

If you install the new version over the top of the existing version then yes all the settings are retained. However, it always pays to keep a copy of your existing Mach3 folder just in case.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:50:38 AM »
I downloaded a new copy of Mach3 but I'm still seeing the old menu version of digitizing.  Would that be because I copied my mill.xml file over?  I noticed that the xml file has parameters in it that show up in the menu version and wondering if that is why it still shows in the menu.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 09:29:13 AM »
Could be that you are still using your original Screen.set

In the Menu  View / Load Screens select 1024.set for the standard screen.
PEACE
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 11:52:43 AM »
Got that fixed now.  Thanks for your help!