Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:52:42 PM

Author Topic: CAM ( or CAD/CAM) software for horizontal drilling in MACH3  (Read 5518 times)

Re: CAM ( or CAD/CAM) software for horizontal drilling in MACH3
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 06:28:54 AM »
One more thing,
How about parametric Gcode? You night be able to have parameters for your hole locations then the rest of the code does the drilling.
I have never done anything like this but it might work.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 06:20:33 PM »
Krep,
Just to let you know. I tried a custom drill routine in CamBam to put out G-code for horizontal motion.  The G-code it puts out appears to do what you want.  I used incremental mode G91 in the custom code and canceled it on exit.  So you send your drill to the location  of each hole using a point list and at each location it strokes the drill one time.
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 02:34:20 AM »
There are now some interestiong solutions from all of you.
I need some time to find and install this apps, and try all of this solutions what you sugested to me.
I'll give you my feedback later...
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 06:10:39 PM »
TOTALLYRC,
I didn't find OneCNC trial version to test what you suggested, and  was almost give up of searching for other solutions.and choose a Garyhlucas's CamBam idea.

But then I decided to try to edit Mach3 post for AlphaCam. I compare 3 Alphacam posts, one for Fanuc, which support horizontal drilling, but is to differ in code for XZ and YZ planes, one Matsuura Mach3, which create very similar code in XZ and YZ planes, but have some other differences in code, and Mach3 post which doesn't support horizontal drilling.

I am very satisfied with a result. My moded Mach3 post works almost perfect. I generate a g-code with this post from drawing (linear and arc cutting, vertical drilling, and horizontal drilling, all in one)  in Alphacam, and only one different in code (what I have to edit manually) is replacing one G91 with G90 code (in the beginning of horizontal drilling cycle). Also, to avoid problem with a drilling in a positive direction, I used a global/liner cycle instead a drilling cycle (what is a Gary's idea) for horizontal holes.

Thank to all.   :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:12:48 PM by Krepatil »