Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:26:49 PM

Author Topic: torch is not coming on/off automatically  (Read 2373 times)

torch is not coming on/off automatically
« on: November 13, 2017, 07:26:45 AM »
I hate old computers .... I had to replace the hard drive and reinstalled Mach3 everything is working but the torch is not coming on/off automatically (torch on/off button is not lighting up unless pushed). I can hit the on/off and leave the torch running while cutting.... not good. I know there is something simple like a switch not toggled right. The setup before the hard drive died was working perfect.
If anyone could help me. I would really appreciate the help
Thanks
Kevin
Re: torch is not coming on/off automatically
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:30:40 AM »
Here is some additional info..... screenshot of the way it is setup ... this is also the way it was set up before the hard drive died and the torch worked great.
Output 6 is flashing..... not enabled ... Output 1 is for the torch and is enabled
Please questions or any suggestions will be helpful
need to get back to work :(
Thanks  :)
Kevin
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:40:47 AM »
WELL, After messing with the all the programs that are related to MACH3, I found that SHEETCAM is not saving the G-codes (now) properly or MACH3 is not reading it correctly. I have some older G-codes that run just fine and the new G-codes are not running properly (not running the torch on/off automatically)
If there are someone out there that has any Ideas how to fix this
Thanks
Kevin

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 01:38:05 PM »
WELL, After messing with the all the programs that are related to MACH3, I found that SHEETCAM is not saving the G-codes (now) properly or MACH3 is not reading it correctly. I have some older G-codes that run just fine and the new G-codes are not running properly (not running the torch on/off automatically)
If there are someone out there that has any Ideas how to fix this
Thanks
Kevin

That implies it's the code generated by Sheetcam.

This normally falls on deaf ears, but I advise learning some gcode (it's not that hard, especially for plasma). Then you'd be able to quickly read through the ".tap" file (the gcode file) and see if you are getting the necessary code generated.

I'd pop over to the Sheetcam forum and ask for some help there. My guess is that's where the problem lies. Have you got the correct post processor selected for your table ??
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »
Thanks Beefy
I looked at post processor and it was for MACH3 and changed it to MACH3 Plasma and well you got it
I knew it was something simple and learning G-code probably would be a good thing..... but I have enough problem with computers
Again Thanks Beefy

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 01:08:22 AM »
Fantastic, happy you're up and running.