Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:09:55 AM

Author Topic: Arrow Keys will not move correct axis UC100 USB wMach3  (Read 4080 times)

Arrow Keys will not move correct axis UC100 USB wMach3
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:50:44 PM »
I have setup Mach3 with a new computer still running Win7.  Everything is working and settings have been set for my cnc according to manual. However the hotkeys settings in Mach3 are set with the correct arrow keys and saved, but they move the wrong axis.  I tried just changing the numbers for keys in Hot Keys on Mach 3, but it will not allow input changes that way.  Any suggestions to the area I need to be in to match parameters to get the pg up, dn arrows to control the z axis, etc.?
Re: Arrow Keys will not move correct axis UC100 USB wMach3
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:17:34 PM »
Hi,
as you say the pg up and pg dn keys should jog the Z axis. If they in fact shift some other axis then you have assigned port and pin
numbers to Machs Z axis on Config/Ports and Pins/Motor Outputs page that are connected to either the X or Y motor.

Can you post a screen shot of the Motor Outputs screen? Can you take a pic of the controller board?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »
 Trying to do the insert image, but am new to site.  Hope this works. This is the settings from the cnc maker.
Controller board is the back of the controller? Or the key pad?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:51:51 PM by ibusb »
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 02:04:01 PM »
Hi,
when you operate the page up/down keys which motor actually responds? Would it not be simple enough to take the wires to the Z axis motor and hook the into
the motor port of that axis which does respond?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 02:08:10 PM »
 :)  OK, I fixed it by going to Hot Keys and marking the numbers and directions and changing them to the keys and numbers that correlated with the directions I wanted.  It all works properly now, but if there is another way to fix it permanently, please let me know.  Otherwise I will roll with this until it messes something else up, like g-code to run a cut.  LOL, unless that really happens.  Thanks for your help.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 02:24:01 PM »
Hi,
when you operate the page up/down keys which motor actually responds? Would it not be simple enough to take the wires to the Z axis motor and hook the into
the motor port of that axis which does respond?

Craig
Yes, that is the answer.  Thanks.