Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:40:40 PM

Author Topic: keyboard shortcuts  (Read 2784 times)

keyboard shortcuts
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
I'm very new, so I know nothing. I was working on phone with a friend and he was discussing short cuts on keyboard. He said hit esc, that's same as reset. I hit escape nothing happens. He also said arrow keys, or page up down will control the mill head, but I try that and nothing happens. I did however get the pendant to come on screen by hitting the tab button. I guess I need the pendant to locate the machine zero, but by using the mouse and the pendant controls, I can't control the machine very well, like it moves down too fast and he says with the keyboard I should be able to be lowering the machine head a thousands or 2 at a time. Is the keyboard shortcuts something I have to configure somewhere? btw, the machine is Syil X5. Thank you.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »
Escape is not reset, the key below it is. "~"

The arrow keys should jog the machine by default. However, if you have a pendant, you are probably in MPG mode. You'll need to switch to a jog mode for the keys to work.
You can change the jog keys using Config> Hotkeys.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:20:58 AM »
Thanx, I try that on Tues when get back home
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 10:51:22 PM »
As we all know hitting the escape key stops motion, another function is that it re-enables Jog movements after an MDI movement of any of the axis's, which is a problem I am trying to resolve.  My keyboard is at one end of the machine and my pendant where I do a lot of setting up and work is at the other end of the screen.  I may enter in an MDI string to move the head, and then go to where I normally work, after the movement, I may want to jog the head to a different location, which I can't until I press the escape key at the other end of the machine.  I want to program one of the extra buttons on the pendant to emulate the pressing of the escape key on the keyboard.  Does anyone know the OEM code or how I may cause an event that looks and acts like pressing the escape key?