Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:04:47 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 soft limits toggle button  (Read 4496 times)

Mach3 soft limits toggle button
« on: October 20, 2017, 04:13:29 PM »
In Mach3, the manual speaks of a software limits toggle button.  But it does not tell you where to find it.  When I click on the soft limit button on the program run screen, it does nothing.  The machine coordinate button gets a red border around it when clicked.  I am thinking that I need to click the toggle button to turn the limits on or off.  I can't tell if the soft limits are actually working or not.

My problem is that the limit switches aren't working right.  The movement does not slow down when the table or carriage gets close to it.  If I jog to the switch, when it hits, everything stops and I have to turn the controllers off and manually back it off by hand turning the screw.

I am a noob, and haven't cut anything yet.  Trying to configure.
Re: Mach3 soft limits toggle button
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
Hi,
is this a new machine?

Software Limits only work when the machine has been referenced, also called homed. Alongside the DRO block is a long vertical button <Ref All Home>.
If you hit that the machine will drive with parameters you set on the Config/Homing-Limits page until it encounters the home switches. If you have no
home switches it will 'reference in place' and set the machine co-ords for that axis to zero.

Once the machine is referenced the <Zero X>, <Zero Y> and <Zero Z> should get green boundaries. Now if you hit <Soft Limits> they should work.
Note that they will refuse to work if you are already outside the softlimit boundary or the softlimits are ill configured. Errors of this type are signalled in
the Status line.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Mach3 soft limits toggle button
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 11:23:32 PM »
Yes, it is a new machine.

Homing limits and Ref all button works.

Thanks for the info, I believe I have it working now.