Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:57:24 AM

Author Topic: Centroid probe for mach3  (Read 3416 times)

Re: Centroid probe for mach3
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 04:56:51 AM »
Hi,
a probe is just a very precise switch, a Reinshaw probe WILL work with Mach3 or Mach4.

You don't need a probe, just a way to insulate your workpiece/vice/jig from the frame of the machine. Don't make this hard or expensive for
yourself!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Aegir

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 05:03:31 AM »
OK, I get your point.

I will look at Mach 4 now and the probe or something like it, that was in the link you posted. I would rather pay a few dollars then mess about.
But it is still way cheaper than what I had in mind! So I will look at that as the plan right now.
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 05:04:32 AM »
Hi,
you don't need Mach4 either. It is very flexible which can result in some very neat solutions for your particular operations but it doesn't do anything
magic either. Mach3 will work perfectly well.

Have you ever done any contact probing? If you haven't go to YouTube and have a look. Spend no more than $2.50 and you're probing!

Craig

Offline Aegir

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 05:10:41 AM »
$2.50  ;D       No, I have never used a probe
My level is somewhere between beginner and almost beginner  .
I have made some watch buckles, machined some trial watch cases from Aluminium with just flipping over using a ''stop'' of sorts, that was close enough to prove the tooling and tool paths etc, but not something that would be considered ''done''
I have enough stock in Aluminium for 15 more trial pcs and enough 316 stainless for the same. By that point I want to have the final tool paths, tools to use and setup on the machine.
Youtube has been a big help, taught me most things and forums also.

I will spend the evening as you suggest Youtube!

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 05:26:54 AM »