Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:39:44 AM

Author Topic: input signal hotkey & Win 64  (Read 2478 times)

input signal hotkey & Win 64
« on: October 26, 2017, 04:53:38 PM »
Hello

I falls on almost the same problem that on this post.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,24815.msg175556.html#msg175556

I use my "home PC" (with no CNC connected) to work on scripts, and I use hotkeys to simulate the inputs (Probe, Homing, etc).

Until now, it worked perfectly on XP pro 32 bits, but I changed for a Win 7 - 64 bits, and now, I can no longer simulate the inputs with the keyboard keys.  I assume it's because no parallel port is installed ? (and can't be installed on a 64 bits system)

Does anyone know a workaround to get the hotkey working on a 64 bit system ? (It is only used to develop)

Mach3 3.043.062 - Win 7 - 64 Ultimate

thanks
David
Re: input signal hotkey & Win 64
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:47:06 PM »
Hi,
I have Mach3 on my laptop, Windows 8 64 bit and I can assign a hotkey just fine.

In the pics attached I assigned Input#1 as enabled, emulated and emulated with lower case a. After restarting Mach on the diagnostics screen Input#1 LED operates
on <a> as expected.

I note from the link you posted that it would fail with a real time signal like Probe, haven't tried it yet.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
Hi,
just tried the same trick with the Probe input. You can enable it, emulate it and assign a hotkey and it duly activates the Digitize LED on the Diagnostics
screen.

When I MDI a long slow G31 command hitting the hotkey does not stop the movement. Clearly my laptop has no active motion controller and a Probe signal
is meant to activate a response within the motion controller, ergo no action. This was the conclusion of the other thread.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 05:31:11 PM »
Hello

Thanks for testing

When I MDI a long slow G31 command hitting the hotkey does not stop the movement.

Yes same for me, the LED works but G31 and homing do not works .. so until I found another way, I will continue to develop on my old PC with XP pro 32 an pulse engine installed (// driver)

++
David