Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:46:24 AM

Author Topic: Coordinates  (Read 2663 times)

Coordinates
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »
Please could someone assist me with setting up my machine and job coordinates... everytime i run a wizard in mach3 it runs into a endstop before it gets to the job toolpath

Thanx
MAV

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Re: Coordinates
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 04:47:51 PM »
Hi,
does your machine have home switches?. If it has and you can reference your machine to a known location repeatably
then you can meaningfully set soft limits. The soft limits can be optionally displayed in the toolpath window and you can
see at a glance whether your Gcode job is within the machine boundaries. Very handy.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Hi,
just one other thought, some Wizards only produce code in one set of units. Could it be that the wizard your using
is producing code in mm and so appears 25 times to big for your inch machine?

Either way being able to see the job relative to the machine boundaries will show it up.

Craig
Coordinates
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:10:24 AM »
Hi Joe

No home switches mate only estops on one end of each axis

What is the beat way to set boundries and soft limits them

Thax Mav

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:29:51 AM »
Hi,
you need to reference your machine, that is go to a particular location, repeatably, on each occasion you fire Mach up.
When you first turn on Mach doesn't know where it is UNLESS you tell it, usually specifying that location as 0,0,0. Note
these are machince co-ordinates. Mach does a very good job of tracking where it is at any given moment from that starting point
but you do have to tell it where the start is.

If you confirm the start position then you can tell Mach 'the left hand boundary is 9.5 inches to the left of 0,0,0' and likewise other
boundaries. Boundaries make no sense unless the machine has been referenced.

You may be able to wangle a way of using your limit switches to signal a location but I would recommend independent home switches.
They need to be good quality microswitches or similar to repeatably and accurately reference your machine. Does your controller have
spare inputs? Three would be ideal....you can combine them into one circuit with one input pin but one input per switch is preferred.

Craig

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 07:39:05 AM »
Hi Mavirick,

You may also like to check out Roger's Coordinate Spaces Guide in our Members Documents here: http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,33595.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
Coordinates
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 10:40:36 AM »
Hi all

WOW thats allot of info

Thax

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 10:43:41 AM »
Thank you all for your help in so many ways!
Oh boy, https://777spinslot.com/royal-crown-slot really can ignite my passion. For sure there is nothing can be done about it. I'm doing my best now. And I'm going to play there again.