Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:09:06 AM

Author Topic: Spindle RPM and Threading Problem  (Read 6638 times)

Re: Spindle RPM and Threading Problem
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 02:29:58 AM »
I'm really sorry, first for the very late response, i moved to new place and it took time to get back to this, and second for fooling you arround with this. I found this license on an old disk and didn't pay attention if it is the true paid license or not. After i found my paid license everything works fine but i can't figure out why every pass starts from different position, and in the end of the cycle it looks like the coordinates have moved. For example: i place the tip of the tool on the tip of the detail. I set Z to 0, and X to 12, then i move Z to +1 and start the cycle:
Code: [Select]
G76 X9.861 Z-10 Q1 P1.75 J0.1 H0.316 I0.0 L45 C2. B0.02
it looks good, but if i place a test indicator on Z in plus direction, on every pass it moves, i mean it doesnt start from where i putted it, and in the end of the cycle Z0 is not the tip of the detail..it is moved somehow..i can't figure out what exactly happens. It looks like the cycle is working somehow different from what i've expected. Thanks for the support and again sorry for fooling you, i didn't meant to.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle RPM and Threading Problem
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 07:21:47 AM »
Have a read of  "Threading On The Lathe " write up as it covers most of what you need to know.

RICH