Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:48:22 AM

Author Topic: Plasma Profile - Can't Get Motors to Respond Correctly  (Read 3330 times)

Re: Plasma Profile - Can't Get Motors to Respond Correctly
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 04:50:33 PM »
Okay, point taken.  So I disconnected all the motor wires except Z axis and disabled all axis in "Ports and Pins" except Z.  Z should be pins 6 and 7.  DRO shows movement, Z axis doesn't move using the page up page down keys.  I cycled through all the possible pin combos, 2 and 3, then 4 and 5, then 6 and 7 and finally 8 and 9.  No matter what, Z axis doesn't move but DRO shows movement.  If I enable the X axis, no matter what pins I have in the X axis field, the Z axis moves but only if I use the X axis arrow keys. 

Thanks,

Dale
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 04:57:48 PM »
Hi,
I see why you are confused. I can't think of anything that would cause what you describe.

Do you have a multimeter or an oscilloscope and are you prepared to probe the DB25 plug?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 05:09:20 PM »
Yea, I have all that.  Gonna get started on deeper testing tomorrow night and try to figure out WTF is happening.  Thanks for your input today.

I'll post the solution when I find it.  What is crazy is that everything sets up perfectly in the mill profile, motors run beautifully.

I'll find it.

Thanks.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »
Hi,
one thought is that maybe the voltage of the PC is less or at least differ from the previous one.

I believ Gecko pride themselves on the devices being able to accept 3.3V or 5V TTL, but maybe
you have an earlier model G540.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 06:45:39 PM »
Does anyone using a Gecko G540 have a good working Mach3 plasma profile xmg file that you could email me?  Seems like this problem is related to that since all the motors work perfectly with a mill profile.  I'll post an email address if anyone can help.   Thanks

Dale