Third party software and hardware support forums. > Newfangled Solutions Mach3 Wizards

Homing - switch lights up but won't stop movement

(1/2) > >>

wdwkr53:
I have a problem with my homing of X/Y axes.  I have the NC switches in series for each axis to 10,11,12.  When I home X or Y they blow through the switch even though it lights up.  The switches work as limit switches by stopping the travel in X/Y.  Soft limit is off, but I do have them 36/0 and 30/0 NEG.  I even unchecked X/Y for limit switches and left as homing only & still won't stop movement.  It's like the switches become inactive when used as homing switches even though they light up.  The weird thing is that Z works fine!  I thought I'd tried every combination over the last couple of days, but I just can't figure it out.  Any suggestions?

mark4:
where do you see it light up in the mach screen or else ware. thats first and what version of mach are you running.
mark

wdwkr53:
V- R3.034.066  When I close any switch it lights up yellow up on the diagnostic screen & trips the reset button.  Since each axis has it's switches in series, tripping one switch lights all three for that axis.

mark4:
it has been a while i do mach 4 now. question have you tried to home each axis individually in the diagnostics screen. what kind of controller are you using. and what are your setting in ports and pins input signals ie limit homing is your active low set the same. luck
mark

wdwkr53:
I got all my equipment from Keling, Inc which is now Automation Technology.  I took screen shots of the settings. Is it time to upgrade to 4?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version