Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:00:49 AM

Author Topic: Geared AC Servo spinde setup.  (Read 1588 times)

Geared AC Servo spinde setup.
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:00:36 AM »
Hello. Apparently i am not very good at searching, so i want to ask guru`s. We are converting cnc machine with mate. For spindle we have 1.8kW ac spindle with belt and pulleys. So when motor is rotating at 3000 rpm, output is 5000rpm. But i don`t know, how to set up Mach4 to understand that. Has it to be done by scripts or by setting i cannot see?

Thank you and sorry my bad English.
Re: Geared AC Servo spinde setup.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
Hi,
I'm not sure either but on the Configure/Mach/Spindle page  try setting your minimum, whatever that is, 10 rpm say, your maximum 5000rpm
and the feedback ratio of 3000/5000=0.6. Try it....cant do any harm.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »
I m having a problem with this also , 2 Speed Spindle .
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 10:37:57 AM »
Thank you. Works well. Now i have to learn Chinese, to figure out how to get reversing to work. Manual for the driver is terribly translated.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 10:52:10 AM »
Hi,
the rows of the table on Configure/Mach/Spindle are for multiple ranges. The first line is range 0. The second line is range 1 and so on.
The feedback ratio allows Mach to read the index pulse and calculate the spindle speed.

As for the Chinese manuals...good luck. I fix welding equipment for a day job and a lot of the stuff that comes thru the door is Chinese.
Where there is service info there is about 50% chance that it will be that poorly written that its no use anyway. This is not just a poor
translation, the language is so confused the technical accuracy required of service information is just not there.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'