Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:21:33 AM

Author Topic: Interference with axis motors  (Read 8521 times)

Interference with axis motors
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 07:05:30 AM »
Thats what its aking after device setup

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Interference with axis motors
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 07:30:42 AM »
Just a note here...

No CNC machine can be operated from the Parallel Port of a PC operating Win10 64 bit running Mach3.  :'(

A CNC machine can, however, be operated using the S3 board (motion controller) and the Ethernet connection to a Win10 64 bit PC.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 07:35:42 AM »
Ah - MachforWin64 - nothing to do with an LPT plug-in. It's actually a competitor to the ESS.

Cheers
ROger
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
Hi,
kool, mystery solved. Maverick you may want to do a bit of research and find a manual for your controller, just what its capable of and how you
set it up are going to be critical to you getting the best from your machine.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »
Mate i never had it on machforwin64 thats how it can up originally on the first no device there was a pci-port only half of my msg was sent earlier ... for some reason when i went to devive set this is what came on what is strange is my mill is still running when i clesed this window somewhere over the weekend ill strip the pci card out take pics and reload windows 10 pro 64bit my hdd is fd up do im replacing it with a ssd then ill document the whole prosess ... if that will please the court..ill take screen shots as i go and if it was a fluke so be it if it wasnt ill figure it out and hopefully be able to help some blokes out

Cheers
MAV

(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 11:05:01 AM »
And i have a manual for the controller

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »
Hi Maverick,
that's interesting, I wonder if the plugin flashes the controller with some sort of firmware but can thereafter run in absence of the plugin.

Glad that you've got the info tho...the chances are your going to need it over the coming months. CNC is not plug and play as a rule and the better
your info/knowledge the better chance you have of advancing your hobby and very personally satisfying it is too.

Craig
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 11:16:24 AM »
Hi,
I have a little mSATA SSD in my Atom platform that runs my mill, I luv it, fast, tiny and reliable. Just to think only 5 years ago would have been to
pricey for home use now cheap as chips.

Craig

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 01:38:03 AM »
somewhere over the weekend ill strip the pci card out take pics and reload windows 10 pro 64bit my hdd is fd up do im replacing it with a ssd then ill document the whole prosess ... if that will please the court..ill take screen shots as i go and if it was a fluke so be it if it wasnt ill figure it out and hopefully be able to help some blokes out

Hi Mav,

I would certainly be interested in seeing the results.

Tweakie.
PEACE