Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:28:38 AM

Author Topic: Tweeking Things  (Read 4016 times)

Tweeking Things
« on: June 27, 2007, 10:35:51 AM »
The default feedrate comes up as 6 IPM.  Is there a way to change that?

We generally like to home to the low limit on the x-axis (left/right) and to the high limit on the y-axis (front/back).  That way, the tool is out of the way so you can load material after it finds the switches.  In Mach3, that seems impossible because I can only set the absolute position at the limits to 0.00.  Is there a way to set the absolute coordinates to read something different?  In my case, I'd like to find my limits, and then have the absolute registers set to x=0, y=73.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Tweeking Things
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »

EDIT:  I don't know how to change default feed rate.

Homing to Y=73.  Go to "Config"   "Homing and Limits"  set "Home Off" for Y to 73 and set "Home Neg" to off.

Greg
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:07:41 PM by Greolt »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »
Hey Flipz,
    I'm not sure I understand what you want. You can change the speed your machine homes at in Config, Homing and limits. In the last column to the right % of speed. This is % of your rapids, motor tuning dictates this.  Also, if you want your DRO to read a work coord. of 73 once the axis is homed you can set that in the same place, home off column.

I hope this helps.
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 04:19:39 PM »
Homing to Y=73.  Go to "Config"   "Homing and Limits"  set "Home Off" for Y to 73 and set "Home Neg" to off.

Oh, yea, baby.  Perfect!

Still looking for a way to change the default feedrate.  For those reading, this has nothing to do with the "seek limits" speed, but is the feedrate displayed when you turn on Mach3.  It always starts at 6 IPM.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:11:59 PM »

Still looking for a way to change the default feed rate.  For those reading, this has nothing to do with the "seek limits" speed,

but is the feedrate displayed when you turn on Mach3.  It always starts at 6 IPM.

I'm not sure how this would bother you Flipz.  Once you start a gcode it will have a feed rate in the code.

If using MDI then add feed rate to your first line.  It will stay at a setting until altered by gcode or MDI

Greg

EDIT:  I just tried it. You can also enter a feed rate into the DRO and it will stay.  I know this does not answer your question about default.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:25:00 PM by Greolt »
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 08:52:05 AM »
I know, I'm being picky.

However, it's set someplace and if I can get at it, I'll probably default to 100IPM - just because.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »

OK I'll be watching to see if you get an answer.    Greg

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:10 AM »
It can be done with the default setting.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops