Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:55:27 AM

Author Topic: Moving settings to another computer  (Read 7810 times)

Re: Moving settings to another computer
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 12:07:12 AM »
Hi,
when you say it doesn't fix anything do any of the adjustments show up at all. I suspect that your changes
are not being seen for some reason. It works perfectly here, and I would say this is a 'one step fix' provided
you don't go overboard otherwise the combined size of your button and panels would be bigger than the screen
you allowed for them.

I like this way of dealing with it, I set the size and it stays that way...

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline ScotY

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 02:07:24 AM »
Hi Craig,
I am seeing the effects of the changes in screen size. If I go higher than (going from memory...bad memory) say 600 and even up to 800+ I can see almost the bottom of the screen but some panels are covered like in the pic. If I go lower, say around 500, about half the screen isn't showing. I'll post some pics in a few.
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 02:22:43 AM »
Hi,
I would expect that if the problem is to be solved using this method the percentage change should be small.

If you have 10 buttons arranged vertically of 40 pixels width and another 40 pixels between each you would need 760 pixels vertical to display them without a
margin at top or bottom. If you then say the page is now 700 pixels high how are you going to fit all your buttons in? You could as you say go and scale
all of them but is very tedious. I think any changes made should be within 5% of the nominal number of pixels that the screen designer had in mind.

I can adjust the size of the screen to the extent that the last error text field is visible or not depending on the setting. I'm beginning to think that a small alteration may
be all that is possible this way. I have not encountered any other means either.

Craig

Offline ScotY

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 02:38:36 AM »
Maybe I didn't understand the process?  I'm going to Operator-Edit Screen, then click on wx4, change Design Height, hit enter, then Screen-Save Screen, then back to Operator-Edit Screen (off).  

I do understand what you are saying about the changes needing to be small for this to work.  I've been changing the height in small increments and somewhere around 760 is where it needs to be to see the entire screen.  Any lower and the History, Profile, and Screen line is cut off.  I'll post a pic.  Take a look at the buttons.

Offline ScotY

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 03:04:51 AM »
After all that, I discovered the Minimal screen and that's good enough with the stock display settings!  Thanks and appreciate the patience, Craig!

EDIT: Disregard, I found where to uninstall.  ;D
Now, I'd like to uninstall and reinstall to start clean.  It's odd, but I see Mach3 in the uninstall programs but don't see a Mach4?  Strange.  Is it "safe" to just delete the Mach4Hobby off the hard drive and reinstall, or will this cause problems?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:09:04 AM by ScotY »
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 03:22:49 AM »
Hi,
good question, I've never had to delete the lot and start again. As far as I know there are no hidden files or quirks to trip you up.

Craig