Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:18:14 AM

Author Topic: Unknown word where unary operation could be  (Read 4051 times)

Unknown word where unary operation could be
« on: February 09, 2017, 02:34:24 PM »
 ???  I have run this short program hundreds of times over the years and have never got this message. I use onecnc with the mach 3 post. The program starts and makes its first move and then stops with this message  "unknown word where unary operation could be". what am i missing?????/
Re: Unknown word where unary operation could be
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 06:50:59 PM »
Hi,
code looks good to me as well.

Could it be the S2000 word, it has already been stated above, maybe it doesn't like being repeated. Clutching at straws I know...

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:06:18 PM »
I would check the file and make sure there are no UNICODE characters in it.  G code is ASCII only. 

Steve
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 02:00:26 PM »
Vandabrackin, did you ever solve this problem?

I am getting the same message when running a file that I know is good: "Unknown word where unary operation could be".

Your post is the only one that comes up using a "unary" search in Mach4 forums.

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 04:31:23 PM »
I too have almost the exact same issue - 3,000 hours of run time on this machine without issue and all the sudden the spindle has stopped working.  Here is the text of my complete error:

Unknown word where unary operation could be , Block = DOSPINCW()

The PC doesn't have windows updates on, problem happened after running another job just fine and the second job the spindle refused to start.  Ripped apart all the hardware thinking it was physical but it appears to be in Mach3 as I never found any hardware issues.

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:50:44 AM »
hi if i remember right unknown word where unary operation could be did happen to me turned out to be a corupt file i would check files you have written and re install mach it will ovewrite the files in question and fix any that are corrupted. luck
mark