Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:35:23 AM

Author Topic: New to CNC need help please  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Iawa

•  15 15
    • View Profile
New to CNC need help please
« on: July 07, 2017, 09:36:40 AM »
Hi,
I'm very new to CNC and could do with some help please  :)
I've recently upgraded the mill I use to 3-axis CNC and I've no idea where I'm going wrong.  ???
I've gone into the automatic step calibration and used a DTI to see how many steps the motors need and that's giving me continuous results, if I tell it to move 0.1mm in the calibration it will move that far, I've set the backlash by moving in one direction by 1mm measuring on a DTI and then moving back the other way to see how far off the backlash is and setting that it works.
I've turned the velocity and acceleration of the motors down and played with the debounce interval setting but every time I jog an axis and press return to zero or run a g-code it just isn't having it. It seems to move further and further from the start point the more I move it.
Its all getting confusing and its getting to that point where if I keep trying I'll eventually put it far out of where I want it to be.

-Alex

(using version; R3.043.066 on Windows XP Professional)
Re: New to CNC need help please
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
Are you in G90 absolute mode or G91 incremental mode? In incremental G91 ca move like X1 will move one increment in the plus direction every time you execute it. In G90 the first X1 will take you to X=1. Doing it again doesn't cause movement because you are already there.
Re: New to CNC need help please
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:15:45 PM »
Hi, I too am fairly new at CNC milling. I use Mach 3 as the controller for a CNC Linear mill with an ATC. I would like to know how to disable the ATC and be able to manually start a milling routine with the tool in the home position 0,0. Some of my end mills are too long for the tool rack using the ATC. What settings in Mach 3 do I need to change in order to do the routine manually? Any help would be immensely appreciated.