Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:43:46 AM

Author Topic: No RPM shown, have index pulse,starting with M3,Pulleys ratio set, G76 trigger  (Read 2797 times)

I've googled a lot so I've checked the usual things (see below)

Problems:  No RPM showing in Mach3 (Mill OR Turn)

Data:  [YES] Mach3 IS showing consistent index pulses
            [YES] I am starting spindle with Mach 3 "spindle button" or M3 in MDI
            ALSO when using this board and Mach3 *TURN*  code will run to G76 line and then "waiting for trigger"

Checks: [YES]Selected Pulley is set to Ratio=1 , mach3 throws appropriate error if speed is out of range of selected  pulley (  setting S number in DRO…as a test as my  spindle is simple on off by M3/ relay)
               Index pulse sensor is mounted on spindle
               Pulses are clean on scope and long enough in duration , very consistent
                       I am using a JNC-40M USB controller board and Index pulses are consistently triggered in Mach3
               [YES] Debounce interval and time are both 0,0 higher numbers make no difference (probably not relevant   in  my case anyway ,since using USB Controller board)
               Spindle feedback and averaging are both checked/on

Could the code that OEM DRO 39 calls be incorrect? Can a user examine/edit it somehow?
(note: probably NOT the problem as  Mach3 is also not recognizing index pulse as a valid threading trigger)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:33:45 PM by damo green »
xml attached

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Could the code that OEM DRO 39 calls be incorrect? Can a user examine/edit it somehow?

You do not have access to the code.

I would suggest you ask the seller of the board if it supports threading.
Probably not!

RICH
Thanks for the help.

If I wrote a macro to do a custom threading routine to start the the linear threading move based on an input "switch" (index) pulse.  Would the time between the input pulse and the move start be consistent? 

(Assume I have consistent spindle rpm)

It's strange that Mach3 diagnostics sees the index pulse, but can't use it for anything...even RPM calculations?

Maybe I have to go smoothstepper or the Linux CNC route  and use this Jamen board for something else.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
If I wrote a macro to do a custom threading routine

Good luck.........

RICH
yeah I imagine the timing of the index pulse  *should be done* on the controller card,  but will do a quick test with a Brain to see if the timing can be consistent enough for multiple thread starts to align...