Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:06:44 AM

Author Topic: C6 and C10 boards Isolation?  (Read 1592 times)

C6 and C10 boards Isolation?
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:41:40 AM »
HI there I am trying to connect a D700 Vfd to a C6 and C10  which are both in the same box with separate 5V and 12V but wired to the same  input pwr socket. The C10 is only to control a couple of inputs and to drive the spindle board. I am getting start and speed control seemingly correctly but stop only slows the spindle so perhaps there is some interaction between the two supplies.
 Does this seem likely and would splitting the input power to a wall wart type on one perhaps help. Also would anybody here have a wiring guide as I have tried to modify  a previous connection with a different spindle board.
 I would like to make sure this isn't the problem before going back to the local supplier of the inverter who has helped before but has no idea of the Mach 3 side of the setup.
 Thanks Bob.   
Re: C6 and C10 boards Isolation?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 03:51:29 AM »
Hi,
you say that you have separate 5 and 12V supplies, what type are they? If they are buck regulators which are quite common then they won't be
galvanically isolated. Can you post some info about the supplies?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: C6 and C10 boards Isolation?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »
Thanks Craig the supplies are the switched mode type that they list on their site. I am  going to try a separate 12 Volt wall wart on the C 6 board. and see what that changes. If you have any other advice I would be very grateful
Regards Bob.