Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:21:39 PM

Author Topic: +X, -X axis moves in same direction. Why?  (Read 18843 times)

Re: +X, -X axis moves in same direction. Why?
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »
The only other computer I have is a laptop but it does not have a PP. The computer I am using is a Desktop Dell Precision 350, 2.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM running Windows XP SP3.  I can move any motor to any axis and all works fine expect the X axis. With that said, I really only need three axis for my router so I switched pin assignments in Mach 3. The signal from X goes to the 4th Axis (A) port on the StepMaster NC box which I hooked up to the motor attached to the X axis. I now have three working axes. I was hoping for a forth so I could install a rotary table or build an attachment off the Z axis so the spindle motor can rotate. Maybe someday when I learn more about electronics.

To all who have helped me with this issue, Thank You for your time. My background is mechanical with little to no electrical/electronics (But willing to learn). I appreciate everyones help and hope to provide others with support in the near future.
Thanks again.
Brett

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »
Glad you got it going Brett

Sounds like the problem is somewhere between the printer cable/control box connection and the motor out connection.

Could be a drive, buffer chip or internal connection.

Hopefully when you need it for a 4th axis you can chase it down.

Greg

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 12:05:20 AM »
Well at least you can run a machine.  I know how aggravating it can be when something dosn't work.
When your in the right mood just trace out the wires inside the controller and see if you find anything apparent. A wire may not be making contact or it could be the drive. Having some info on the controller or drives would certainly help. 

Have some fun,
RICH
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 09:51:01 AM »
I see that these posts are 8 years old.
I am having the same problem, but with the Y axis.
I have tried all of the suggestions and even a new BOB.
The problem is intermittent and mostly when jogging.
It can be temporarily cured but switching off and rebooting - not really satisfactory.
Please - does any one have more up to date experience and possible solutions?

I have tried changing the computer to no avail - currently running latest download Mach 3 on a Dell Optiplex 755 with Windows  7 (32 bit)

Thanks,

John