Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:04:05 PM

Author Topic: What about the Virus at Mach pc??  (Read 3860 times)

Offline zaki

•  12 12
    • View Profile
    • R.B.Engineers
What about the Virus at Mach pc??
« on: June 28, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »
Hi Guys
I had told one of my freind to transform his cnc system with Mach, and he asked me about virus problem. Can anybody tell me about it that what happen if Mach pc (pc attached with machine having Mach installed) got infected by any virus???

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: What about the Virus at Mach pc??
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 02:22:48 PM »
I'm not certain but I would think that would be bad. Maybe some of the PC gurus could confirm this though. This is a very good example of why you should have a dedicated PC for Mach. I would not be surfing the net, playing games, e-mails, ect. with my machine PC.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline zaki

•  12 12
    • View Profile
    • R.B.Engineers
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 02:49:57 PM »
Thanx for your reply, Actually the matter is not for playing or surfing, but we must put the pc on the network or we transfer the files by usb or floppy, and all these things may transfer any virus.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »
Actually the matter is not for playing or surfing, but we must put the pc on the network or we transfer the files by usb or floppy, and all these things may transfer any virus.
Why not install an antivirus like AVG and only use it to check individual files or run a system check when machining is not being done and Mach is not being used?  If you are networking the machine, you could have it pick up its antivirus updates when  Mach is not in use.  If you do not network the machine and are are using floppies, USB, CD's, DVD's,  check them, all, with an antivirus program before you load them.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 02:56:21 PM »
I can recommend AVG professional - which I have installed on all the machines in my network, together with Microsoft defender. You can set them to do their checking whilst you are asleep and you will never notice them.

The only problem with AVG is that it is a little invasive, in that it keep checking for updates etc when you are connected to the web.

The easy way to avoid that is to take the dongle out when you are machining.

I haven't had a virus or spyware for a couple of years now.

Jim Pinder
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.