Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:25:20 AM

Author Topic: RTA stepping motor drive  (Read 8343 times)

RTA stepping motor drive
« on: March 08, 2007, 03:53:03 AM »
Hello.
I want to buy the drive for stepping motors. I've selected this one from www.rta.it SDC 06.
but there is in the datasheet:
Step input: Suggested duty cycle 50%, max frq. 60kHz.
Dir input: This signal has to be valid at least 100us before step signal and has to stay in this state for at least 100us after last step sent to the drive
Is it possible to use this drive with mach3? There is just pulse length in the mach3 setting.
thanks for help.
michal

Re: RTA stepping motor drive
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 03:53:07 AM »
i found this info on this driver  , go to there website and select English version on the left of the page , then wait a few seconds and another menu pops up , then select products , and a new pages opens up with a menu of 4 selections to choose from and select " STEPPING MOTORS and DRIVES " , then another new pages opens up and it has listed all the differant drivers , select the one your after  " SDC" an a data sheet pops up on the whole product range.

Why have you chosen this driver ? , there are other drivers out there . mo prices listed on the website so it maybe expensive ??????

the website doesn't allow direct cut and paste of the a direct link to the page

cheers

GENERAL DESCRIPTION 
SDC is the name of a series of ministep bipolar chopper drives, suitable for driving medium-low power two-phase stepping motors, with four, six or eight terminals.

SDC drives are realized in 101 x 94 x 25 mm format and are equipped with separated connectors for logic signals and for power connections. They are designed for easy mounting inside a metal electrical cabinet, by means of spacers or brackets separately supplied by R.T.A. as an option. A type drive are intended for use with low voltage supply (24 Vdc).

R.T.A. experience, together with a careful design for these specific purposes, has led to a high reliability component, in spite of its very competitive cost.

The ministep operation, connected with a further electronic resonance damping facility, ensures excellent operating smoothness and low acoustic noise.

Opto-insulated and differential input and output signals ease interfacing with the most commonly used control systems and ensure high noise immunity.

TECHNICAL FEATURES 
Operation at 400, 800, 1600, 3200 and 500, 1000, 2000, 4000 steps/revolution.

Motor phase current setting by means of a DIP-SWITCH up to four possible equidistant values, between the Inf min. and Inf max. values indicated below.

Automatic current reduction at motor standstill.

Opto-insulated inputs compatible with differential control.

Possibility to switch off motor current with an external logic signal.

Protection against a short circuit at motor outputs.

Protection against under-voltage and over-voltage.

Overheating protection.

Operation with a single external supply voltage.

High efficiency CHOPPER with MOSFET final stage output.

Electronic damping facility for a further acoustic noise and mechanic vibrations reduction at low and medium speed.

Vdc RANGE
 Inf min. Inf max. Dimensions
  (VOLT)
 (AMP)
 (AMP)
 (mm.)

SDC 04
 32 to 75
 101 x 94 x 20

SDC 04.A
 24 to 48
 101 x 94 x 20

SDC 05
 32 to 75
 101 x 94 x 25

SDC 05.A
 24 to 48
 101 x 94 x 25

SDC 06
 32 to 75
 101 x 94 x 25

SDC 06.A
 24 to 48
 101 x 94 x 25

Home Page   Where we are    Fairs   E-mail   Products    News    Info   Search

Copyright 1997,2006  R.T.A. s.r.l. - ITALY. - Layout & Design by SAGE
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:55:00 AM »
Thanks for reply......
Yes I know about this site....
I tested the drivers but they don't work with Mach3 properly (they require much more time for setting the dir signal before step signal)
So I've chosen another driver.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 05:49:58 AM »
Hi,

I'm using the big brother of the SDC - the GMH 06

and it works very very fine
Setting up Step Pulse and Dir Pulse to 2µs

greets Frank