Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:43:21 PM

Author Topic: X axis not working  (Read 5580 times)

Offline lab

•  3 3
    • View Profile
X axis not working
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »
Hello all!

I am brand new in all the world of the CNC machines.

I bought a CNC 3020T-DJ and after hours spend on this forum I managed to connect it to the PC and configure it. Thanks a lot! ;)
My problem arrives when I want to move the CNC machine. Y axis and Z axis work fine, either via keyboard arrows or with the Mach3 jog, but I get no movement at all in the X axis. However, X motor is fine (I tried to plug X wire into the Z position of the controller and it moves), so it seems to be a software thing.
Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you very much!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: X axis not working
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »
In Mach3 Ports & Pins / Motor Outputs, check that you have the correct port and pin assignment for the X axis and also that it is enabled.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline lab

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

Thanks for the answer.

I attach a print screen of the configuration, but I followed the manual and everything seems to be ok. In fact what makes me suspicious is that Y and Z axis work fine and when plugging X wire into Z pin, X axis on the machine works with Z axis config -but Z doesn't. Could it be a problem on the CNC controller?

Thanks!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:36:51 AM »
Could it be a problem on the CNC controller?

That is more than likely.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline lab

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

In fact, I removed the case for the controller and I found that it has two PCBs (as in the image). The left one controls the fan and the spindler, and also is in charge of giving 24V to the right one (which controls X, Y and Z axis).
The left one is electrified, as the fan works and the light is on when plugged. However, the right one is NOT electrified (the light is not on) but it does receive current from the left one -I checked it with a multimeter. Maybe an error in the PCB circuit? If so, does anybody know how can I have this issue solved?

Many thanks!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »
Hi,
sounds like the controller is faulty. Go back to the supplier and try to get a new one.

If that doesn't work buy a Geko 540....

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'